Thread: ASUS VH232H 23" no display after sleep mode

ASUS VH232H 23" no display after sleep mode

I am using ASUS VH232H 23" monitor at my office. The monitor is having a bit issue after waking it up from sleep mode. When I go for lunch I lock the screen and after 10 minutes the system go back in the sleep mode. But after 30 minutes when I am back there is no display. Is it a hardware problem. Does changing the cable will help. I am not able to figure out anything.

Re: ASUS VH232H 23" no display after sleep mode

This is not a cable problem. Every monitor has a light indicator somewhere on the body. When the monitor goes not the sleep the drive and other hardware is also on the sleep mode. When you hit any key to wake the system back, ram is the only hardware that react and restore the screen. So there are chances your system rams are not proper. If you are having multiple stick just remove them one by one and see.

I got this issue long back due to power problem in my system. I was using a very low range psu. Whenever the system is in sleep mode it does not wake up. I have to restart the pc for that. In yoru case there can be problem with the same. You can try the ram thing first. But if that does not work then I am sure about the psu. It might be having the problem due to which your pc fails to turn on.

Turn off hibernation. That might help. You can do that from the power settings. Just go in control panel and look for power options. Go in that and disable hibernation. Then try back. I am sure that will help you in fixing the issue. It is common with many pc that once your pc in hibernation it will not start back. It can be due to psu or due to ram also.