Thread: Black screen after updating drivers for Asus GTX660-DC2-2GD5 gpu

Black screen after updating drivers for Asus GTX660-DC2-2GD5 gpu

I was facing a bit flickering issue on my gpu. At first this occur when I was playing games, but later it became constant. Sometime there is just black screen for hours. I had updated fresh drivers just a few days ago. Now there is a complete black screen. I cannot see anything but there is audio in the background. That means the pc is working fine. What should I do.

Re: Black screen after updating drivers for Asus GTX660-DC2-2GD5 gpu

Disconnect the monitor from the gpu and connect it on the vga port of your system. Then go in Device Manager and see whether you are having any warning sign on the video adapter. If yes then this can be due to damage or improper drivers. You have to re-install it back. Download the driver and remove the old before installing. That will help you to fix the problem.

Thanks for answering. I am not having vga port on my motherboard. How can I switch my monitor. It is a gaming pc where I added the card for good output. the system is almost a year old. I never face this issue before. When I turn on I can hear beep sound. The system works fine for few hours but then there is total blackout. I had tried replacing the cable also.

Your graphic card is overheating. That's why you are getting the problem. The first thing you have to do is turn off your pc for few hours so that the gpu can cool down completely. Then turn it on back. Install CPUI HWMonitor. This will give you the exact temperature of your system. If the temperature is really high then it means your gpu's life is over. Carry it to the service center.