Thread: DELL Ultra Sharp U2412 flickers while playing games on full screen mode -

DELL Ultra Sharp U2412 flickers while playing games on full screen mode -

My friend go this new DELL Ultra Sharp U2412 monitor. It is a 24inch monitor with amazing display. He was using a small one before from Samsung. But now he get a bigger one to get more better gaming experience. We installed a few games on the system. When we play on full screen mode the screen flickers in between. But when we play the same on Window mode the game just works really. I just want some help to find. If the monitor has a problem we can replace that.

Re: DELL Ultra Sharp U2412 flickers while playing games on full screen mode -

I will recommend you to first check the cable. Most of this flickering issue occur due to bad cable. I have a Compaq pc at my home. In my case while playing game the screen just went black for few minutes. I first though it was a monitor issue. My friend gave me his HDMI cable to test and on that the monitor was really well. So in your cause also you just have to change the cable once and check. I hope this would be enough to fix the issue.

This kind of issue does not appear in new monitor. I do not think it is a monitor fault. Just update your video driver. If you have a Nvidia GPU then you can click on Nvidia icon in System Tray and click on Open Nvidia GeForce Experience. Just check for new drivers. Update that. If you have AMD then you can do the same from Catalyst Control Center. Outdated drivers cause this kind of problem. Just update and post back if the issue is not resolved.

Looks like your gpu is heating up. I have a quiet good experience with this. I have a Nvidia 650 Ti graphic card. It is a high end gpu with 1GB DDR3 video memory. At start the game works well. But after few months my screen started flickering. Later on I installed a gpu temperature monitoring tool that told me that the gpu is getting very hot. After opening the case I found the gpu fan has stopped working. So just check that also once. Add a gpu temperature monitoring tool and see what is the temperature when you are playing games.