Thread: Poor fps on pc with GTX 770 graphic card

Poor fps on pc with GTX 770 graphic card

I need some help here to get good fps from GTX 770 graphic card. I am unable to get the maximum out of this card. I thought this card will offer me a more higher resolution and smooth gameplay. But the games are lagging on it. And sometime when I try to play at the highest resolution it crashes. I can only see blank screen. What should I do this fix the problem.

Re: Poor fps on pc with GTX 770 graphic card

What is your complete system specification. You provide that information. It looks that your system is dealing with bottleneck. That means you might be having a really powerful gpu, but what about the other hardware. The processor, ram and motherboard. If they are old then you wont be able to get maximum output. You must always check properly before buying a new hardware.

Try to update the video drivers first. Go on Nvidia website and find the latest driver updates. Install that in your system and test back. If still the fps is low then you have to change the card slot. It looks like the gpu is not able to draw out maximum power. I hope you have a good psu in your system. It must be above 500w.

I had faced this issue with old gpu.I was trying to add one more. I had checked the compatibility on web before adding the same. Both were Nvidia 600 series graphic card. But after adding the new one all games were freezing. Atlast I have to remove the old one. You can try re-installing the card from scratch. It is better if you can format your pc also.