Thread: Does on-board Intel HD Graphic is enough for 32inch display

Does on-board Intel HD Graphic is enough for 32inch display

I have a Intel Core i3 series system. It has Intel HD graphics 4000 on it. I want to know whether this graphic is enough for watching movies on a big size tv. Around 32inch in a size. I do not have a gpu. I was wiling to buy one, but my system is quiet old. And I do not really think there is a use of upgrading this system. If I can only watch movies or play some basic game then also it is more than enough.

Re: Does on-board Intel HD Graphic is enough for 32inch display

I do not think this will really work. Intel HD 4000 is on board graphic which is ideal for regular usage. On 32inch screen you need a very big resolution. The system might lag. Try to get a budget gpu from the market. And play movies on that.

Big screen size have more bigger resolution. Intel HD 4000 might work but you will get get detailed output. For which you have to buy a graphic card. I am having two 21inch monitor. Both are connected to my system and are working on Intel HD 4000 graphics. The output is decent. Intel HD 4000 is the latest one which is designed to have a affordable graphics on your system. It is actually designed for laptops. Where you can get a decent video quality. But for getting bigger resolution or to play games on big screen you have to get a graphic card. There are plenty of budget models available in the market. You can buy anyone. For gaming the cheapest one is Asus NVIDIA GeForce EN210 . It offer you 1GB DDR3 memory. It is more than enough for standard gaming and will give you good output. The cost of this gpu is Rs.1900.

Intel HD Grahpics looks enough to me, but I am doubtful about high resolution. I will recommend you to go for some cheaper gpu. This will me more appropraite. It will give you flawless output.

This graphic card is used in many ultra-portable and netbooks. Here Intel offers a on-board support to get a bit decent video memory. But for that I am doubtful about gaming stuff. It can be a bit complicated if you go ahead with using the same on high resolution. I do not really think it will be able to give you good output. It is the lowest gpu ideal for day to day usage. For getting output on big screen you need a more better gpu. There are ample of them available on the market. You can find out a good one and buy the same. I had seen many budget gpu in the market which is ideal for video editing job. But gaming is not much possible. Instead of going for the basic video chip try to find a system that has a dedicated video memory. Atleast 1GB is required. Less that that is not going to work proper.

The latest 4th generation Intel processor offer 3D support on the board video memory. If you have a upgraded system then it is far more better to ahead with that. Because it offers you on-board 3D graphic support.

I think Intel HD 4000 might work go give you big revolution. But you wont be able to do anything other than that. It is better to add more money and buy a gpu. It is not going to cost you much. I had seen a few bunch of smart graphic cards which are available online at a low price. You can use the same to run a media server and you can enjoy big resolution. It is getting common day by day we are getting many hd graphics. This just cross the limitation of existing resolution making it more bigger and better. You need a good set of hardware for the same. Galaxy NVIDIA GeForce 210 is a good cpu according to me. It is in budget and has great output. It comes for Rs.2000. Max resolution you can get on the same is 2560 x 1600. And if you need more then you have to go for more powerful gpu.

HD4000 graphics is good for entry level usage only. It cannot give you good output when it comes to big screen size and gaming. It is better you go ahead with a gpu. Almost all has recommended you to buy one.