Thread: AMD GPU with 3D playback feature

AMD GPU with 3D playback feature

Which AMD gpu is good for having a 3D playback on pc. I am trying to get fresh upgrades which can help me to get 3D support on my system. We had recently bought a big size tv which has hdmi and 3d ready support. In AMD I am unable to locate a budget gpu which can have this kind of features. Most of the 3D ready hardware comes with supported glasses. Does a 3d ready monitor will also help.

Re: AMD GPU with 3D playback feature

Yes for using 3D you need overall compatible hardware. If you don't have a monitor with 3D ready support. Then the you will not get the kind of output you want. It is necessary that you must use a good hardware for the same. It will be a costly upgrade.

Whichever graphic card that comes with AMD HD3D technology will offer you a nice 3D support. But remember that you also need similar monitor to get the proper output. Today 3D technology is bit costly and also a mess to manage. You have to use different set of specs to configure it properly and use it. AMD HD3D offers you impressive output and great performance. Only gpu here does not matter. You need a 3D display also. I can list you some models in the same. LG has some 3D monitor models. Search for models under LG Cinema 3D. This are very costly monitor but worth to buy the same. You get a full HD display with 3D support on it. The second thing you have to see is that whatever content you are playing must be in 3D. If you are playing a non -3D content then you will get issue. The monitor or gpu is not capable of converting a regular video to 3D.

I had tested a projector recently which has a 3D support. This works usually on the video driver. I had a gpu and it really gave impressive 3D output. The only requirement of this projector was that you have to play a 3D content on it.

When you ask for gpu then you simply means you are looking for 3D support in gaming. If you only need something for videos then you go with 3DTV also. For gaming there are bit more complication. The game developer has to add a 3D mode in that. And then only it will work. If you are trying to run regular game on 3D settings then you will not get the kind of output you are expecting. When it comes to gaming you need a good hardware config. To play games on maximum resolution and to get a lag free output. 3D technology today is really very costly. And compare to that if we go ahead with reasonable solution then we get ample of great alternatives for the same. Right-now I do not prefer to go with 3D stuff. You have to change everything, the monitor, the gpu, etc. And later on you require 3D content to get proper output.

Nvidia has a 3D vision technology through which you can get the 3D output on your screen. But that is a composite set of features. That means you have to buy a set of hardware with gpu to get the proper 3D display. Just checkout the same on its official site.

Under 3D vision Nvidia sells different set of 3D displays and glasses. The gpu has nothing to do anything here. And for getting good 3D output you need 3D movies also. I recently got a projector at my office which has 3D support. I had tried to played regular 3D content on the same but it did not work. Later on I had downloaded a sample 3D video and it worked. The projector came with Nvidia 3D vision glasses. It worked really nice and the output was amazing. It is very complicated to find the 3D version of every video or game. You have to go with the regular media content. For getting a complete 3D support you have to buy a 3D compatible glasses, 3D monitor with gpu supporting it. The overall cost on the same is really high. There is a link below which gives you details of all products that has 3D support. Just checkout the same.

Nvidia 3D

It is better to wait back for sometime. Today this technology is costly but in coming time you will surely get the same at a very cheaper price. When there is a common set of hardware to run 3D content. Also it is not easy to get 3D videos they are very high in size and require special software to run.