Thread: using 1 video card for 3 monitors

using 1 video card for 3 monitors

I am having a desktop computer that I am looking to upgrade with a single graphics card so that I can use 3 monitors. The monitors will be of the same model with DVI and VGA inputs. So, for running this setup I will need 2 monitors to be running with 2 DVI connections and the third one with Displayport. For this I want a graphics card that has 2 DVI and 1 DisplayPort atleast. Can anyone recommend me the same? Thanks

Re: using 1 video card for 3 monitors

Why dont you try to add another low cost second graphics card that you can get at a cheap rate. The best advantage of having it will be that you would be able to use 4 monitors and you shouldnt be requiring any new power supply or display port adapter for it. I am talking about the Radeon HD 6450 that you can get at a very low price.

Well, I was facing many problems with the AMD graphics card set up for 3 monitors. I will not suggest to use an Amd card for this purpose. It may work sometime but there is a major driver bug with the power saving that makes the card perform very terribly. And if you want to go with Nvidia then you will have to buy the high end graphics card in the 600 series for 3 monitor support.

There are many new graphics card in the market now available that you can choose from. Go with either Geforce GTX 650 or Radeon HD 7750 single graphics card that will be able to handle more than 2 monitors. But note that for this video card you will need to buy a new Power Supply as well of minimum of 600Watts for giving it proper power.