Thread: poor performance of HD 7950

poor performance of HD 7950

I have recently upgraded to a new graphics card called Radeon HD 7950 but I am experiencing very poor performance from this card. I have a Corsair 550W PSU, Asus motherboard, Core i5 and 4gb of ram. If I am trying to play games on full graphics settings then I am getting a very low FPS. If I am using the latest graphics driver from AMD then I experience bad FPS drops but if I use the drivers from its CD then I get a slightly above performance. Can anyone tell me what should I do to get this card working properly? Thanks

Re: poor performance of HD 7950

I think that there might be some software problem or CPU issue in your pc. Can you try to check the temperature of your CPU while running the game in the background. There might be a driver problem or something that is not running at the right speed in your computer. There are some beta drivers for Radeon cards released that will give you a boost in the games, just check that out on the official Amd website.

While you are playing games, can you just ensure to turn off the Vsync and other frame limiting options and then rung the game with MSI Afterburner running in the background and continuously monitor the same software. It will let you know what all GPU usage are being used and after copying it, just paste the readings on this forum.

I think there is definitely a driver problem rather than any other issue. So, what you can do is try to completely remove the drivers again and after you restart your computer instead of installing the drivers again, download Driver Fusion and install it in your pc. After that ensure that no traces of the previous drivers remain in your pc with the help of Driver Fusion and then after a reboot install the graphics driver again.