Thread: Want help to callibrate new monitor with old gpu

Want help to callibrate new monitor with old gpu

I had purchased a used widescreen monitor from my friend. This is a 27inch monitor. It is a LCD gaming monitor. I have a 512mb gpu on my motherboard. It gives a proper output on my crt monitor. But after connecting the lcd it looks the screen is not clear. I need some calibration tips here. I tried to find some
    tools for that but still it is not clear. The monitor when connected on motherboard vga ports offer clear output but on gpu it is dull.

Re: Want help to callibrate new monitor with old gpu

Looks like a outdated driver issue. To fix that you will have to download the latest and fresh driver and update the same in your system. You can find that through Windows update or you can locate the same on the gpu manufacturer site. Just test the same and try back.

If you do not get any help from the driver update then there are some stuff you can try out. You have to first adjust the resolution. Try to start from the minimal and leave on the one which is best and clear. You can set a standard resolution that provide you clear readability. If the interface is still dull then there are few more things to trust. When you connect the monitor the gpu automatically manages the best resolution for it. But sometime due to old drivers this thing does not work. Try to hook your monitor settings on high color or 24bit mode. Sometime the display is configured on 16bit mode due to which you get a blurry output. The monitor has a auto-adjustment button also. When you press that, the display is fixed automatically. Some old monitor takes a bit time to warm up and give the clear output. Leave the system on for 10 to 15 minutes. Once is completely warmed up then it might give a more clear screen output. There are some free tools available that provide you a simple calibration adjustment. Try them.

If you are using Windows 7 then there is a calibration option available in Control Panel. Just go in that and search for Calibrate. This will give you a Display section from where you can run calibration. Follow the screen option until you get a proper output.