Thread: Flickering vertical lines on Macbook LCD

Flickering vertical lines on Macbook LCD

There is a weird vertical lines on the Macbook LCD. They appear sometime. It comes in between while I am watching a movie or while I am internet. I am unable to find the cause here. Now it has became more frequent. Is this due to a software. I had changed the video player also but still the issue remains same as it was before. Can anyone help me to find out the solution for the problem. Thanks.

Re: Flickering vertical lines on Macbook LCD

Looks like damage pixel. There is nothing you can do on software side. Better carry it to the apple care center or call someone at your home. It is a hardware failure. This will increase later on. So before it gets too damage call some technician to fix it.

There are certain things you can try to test out. I got a similar issue on my 18inch wide LCD monitor. A number of time when I play games or watch movies the screen goes blue. It was a fading type color. The lcd was connected to my laptop via vga cable. Then I replaced the cable and it worked fine. There was no issue with the output. It is essential that the first thing you can must do is check the cable. Remove it and insert it back. If this is not working then change the cable also. You can buy the display cable from web or from Apple store. This kind of issue are mostly due to a faulty cable. And after replacing that things are fixed. But still if the issue remain constant then you have to contact Apple car as mentioned above. Because this is some kind of hardware fault. This can be repairable for free if remains under warranty and if not then you have to pay for that. Certain component looks damage due to which you get those flickering lines. Just try to get a new Display Data cable and then check it.

It is a cable issue. I am getting the same on hdmi. I had connected my widescreen TV with Home Theater. I get the same flickering stuff on it. But after using a new cable it was gone. Always go for original branded cables. They offer you great video resolution.