Thread: GTX 780 graphics card freezing problem

GTX 780 graphics card freezing problem

I am using a Gigabyte Z87 motherboard with a core i5 processor along with 4gb ram and Gtx 780 video card. The problem that I am facing is that whenever I play game continuously for 4-5 hours in a day or so, then on the next day if I try to play the game again, then it will immediately start to freeze. I have tested the RAM and they are working fine with zero errors. So I think that it is a GPU problem. Any ideas

Re: GTX 780 graphics card freezing problem

Well, can you tell us what is the temperature of the GPU when you are playing any games? Have you installed any coolers in your computer? This freezing problem generally happens when there is too much of heat produced and your GPU or other hardware components inside the case overheat too much. So try to read the temperature and see if its not too high.

Have you done any kind of overclocking for your graphics card? Also, check to make sure that your put the GPU to run at stock speeds rather than running it on the overclocked state. Also, just play games only for 1 hour and then take a break and then after sometime play again for 1 hour and see if your system becomes normal. By the way have you installed the latest graphics driver for the card?

Have you tried running some older drivers instead of the 320 version of the graphics driver and see if that works for you. If that doesnt work, then try to take out the graphics card and see if your computer works properly with the onboard graphics. If it is working fine then it definitely should be a problem with the graphics card, RMA it for a new one if it is under warranty.