Thread: Handwriting recognition software for a projector

Handwriting recognition software for a projector

I need a projector that can come with some writing recognition technology. I had seen this in a video on youtube. That through a pen you can write on the board. This great for presentation purpose. But I am not able to locate any model that really works and give me a proper screen writing solution. I tried finding a number of different stuff but there is nothing available. Can anyone suggest me a model.

Re: Handwriting recognition software for a projector

You are looking for a interactive projector. There is a YouTube link. Just go on that and checkout for the video. You can find a projector model by Epson that allows you a interactive pen through which you can write on the screen.

Those type of projectors are really costly. This are called as DLP interactive projectors which are ideally used in offices and educational institutions. It allows you to write on the screen which is good for presentation. But I am doubtful about handwriting recognition. Most of this comes with a integrated module which allows you to use the pen. You can write on the surface and get a good amount of experience on it. Some of them also allow you to write on a notepad directly. But there are huge numbers of limitations on it. You will require to configure it properly or buy a separate module for that. That makes it costly. You can find ample of models on the web which I think starts from Rs.1lakh. Instead of buying that it is better to go for big screen size. Screen allow you to connect your pc and on that you can give out a more proper training kind of stuff. For corporates this models are effective but for regular institute or office you might not be able to get a proper benefit from the same.

It is correct that this kind of projectors are quiet costly. For large teaching institute this might be somewhat helpful. But for a mid range or small scale business this is just a waste of money. Try to find some alternate solution.

This technology is not common today due to which you cannot go for it. It is costly and less effective. Writing on the projector screen is not easy. You have to configure it properly. The module which comes in it allows you to manage the screen writing. There are some good models provided by Epson, Sony, etc. Epson Brightlight is termed as one of the best in this part. Its screen writing technology is very accurate. And it also has extra features that allow you to do a number additional task. This is one of the top model which is also quiet costly. While BenQ MX822ST is a low range model that comes loaded with similar technology. But there are certain limitations on the same. It is right to stick with more reliable solution which are less costly. Interactive projectors are also not easy to manage. You can checkout the video of Epson Brightlight on Youtube to get more general idea how it really works.