Thread: 2 monitors detected in Windows 7 but using only single

2 monitors detected in Windows 7 but using only single

I have a very old system on which I have installed Windows 7 on a single monitor with Radeon X1600 graphics card. If my computer goes into sleep and after that when it starts then it shows me an extended desktop. Also if I right click on the desktop and go to resolution then it shows me 2 monitors. I then have to click detect and then it switches back to monitor 1 and then everything is back to normal. But again when the system goes to sleep then it does the same annoying thing. So does anyone know how to get rid of this problem?

Re: 2 monitors detected in Windows 7 but using only single

Can you check whether the second monitor is displayed as grayed out? It would happen if the systm that are capable of having more than one display. Just go into the screen resolution page and check if there is a checkbox "Extend the desktop onto this monitor", just try to simply clear or disable it and see if the issue gets solved for you.

Yes, you will either need to select Show desktop only on 1 or you can Remove Display also. You might also need to disable or delete the display that you dont need from the display manager that came with your graphics card. So, just get into Amd Control Center > Desktop Management > Creating and Arranging Displays. After that you will see both displays in the 'detect displays' section. Just click on a small triangle that will let you to disable the display. Hope this helps.

What you need to do is right click on your desktop and then select Screen Resolution. Here you will see 1 and 2 Display, click on the number 2 display. After that check under the multiple displays drop down menu you have to select Remove this Display option. Now click ok and then apply the settings. Now your display will remain only on single monitor even if your pc goes to sleep or not.