Thread: What is the difference between HD ready and Full HD

What is the difference between HD ready and Full HD

I was looking for a new tv. I found different models. Some of them were marked with HD ready while some were listed as full HD. What does it actually means and what is the difference between both. I am looking for a widescreen hdtv that can offer me different connectivity ports with smooth resolution and widescreen size. Right-now I am unable to find any good model. Can you recommend me.

Re: What is the difference between HD ready and Full HD

The difference lies between the resolution which does not matters much. You can buy any one of them as per your choice. If you are going for a tv then surely check for full hd. That is quiet more better. It will provide you more cooler display.

Resolution do matter much here. There is a big difference between a HD ready and Full HD TV. In HD ready you get 720p of native resolution while in Full HD you can pay upto 1080p of video. That makes a difference here. But if you are going to use the TV to watch cable tv channels then this thing does not matter much. Because most of the broadcasting channels does not provide you hd videos. They give you a limited set of screen resolution. Full HD is capable of giving you clear and crisp image output on HD videos. In HD ready you can get a output of 1280x720. While in full hd you can get more higher which is around 1920x1080. So here you are getting more clear output and detailed video resolution. I am having a full hd tv which does not makes real difference. Everything here depend on the type of video you are playing. Like if you are playing a low quality video then the output will be blurry on widescreen tv. Because the resolution is stretching here. Another thing you must check is the type o f LCD panel you have. You must go for IPS only which are more brighter and clear. They are better choice for watching movies.

It looks like some kind of market tactics to me. HD-Ready works well when you are having subscription for hd channels. Or else this is just a waste of time. You can choose any budget tv and ignore the features. Just check the connectivity ports only.

It is a common confusion. Even I was stucked with the same thing. Most of the time. I thought HD-Ready is somewhat similar to Full HD. But has a low resolution output. Also there is a difference between the display. When you go in shop most of them runs a hd video. That means high resolution video file which surely gives you great output. But when you bring it home, you are not satisfied with the output. Instead of buying a big size widescreen tv it is better to go for a TV which lies between 21" to 24". That is the standard size. You can place it at a proper distance so that you get clear output and the video quality also remains better. When we talk about cable tv resolution then we have nothing here. We do not get the kind of output we are looking for. Before buying always checkout all the models. See the features they are offering and compare them on the basis of your budget. Then only you are going to get the kind of mode you want. When you hook your tv on hdmi port then the output is simply different. It is more vibrant and clear.

ProonyOffefor Guest

What is the difference between HD ready and Full HD

Judging by the fact that it is not listed above, I think i know the answer to this but: do you still get that annoying splash screen with the full version? I would happily pay the 10 to rid od that thing.