Thread: black screen problem with GeForce GTX 770

black screen problem with GeForce GTX 770

I was previously using a Radeon card and now that I have bought a new GeForce GTX 770, I removed all the drivers of AMD card and then installed the new nvidia graphics card and installed it driver that came with its CD. Now when I am trying to play any games like Assassins Creed or Tomb Raider then I will just get a black screen and nothing else. I have to press ctrl+alt+del key to get out of this black screen? What could be the issue here, can anyone help me out? Thanks

Re: black screen problem with GeForce GTX 770

Can you check and disable any auto overclocking of your video card in the Nvidia Control Panel. Try to reseat the card firmly and then test again. You can even try to set the Power Management mode to maximum performance or uninstall the old drivers and then reinstall the latest driver by downloading it from the official nvidia website. If possible try to update the BIOS as well.

You can also try to get the latest verison of GeForce Experience software and install it on your pc, download it from here. What this software does is that it is capable of performing two essential tasks to you, that is, update your graphics drivers and optimize your games according to your hardware. To provide you with optimal settings, GeForce Experience takes into account your GPU, CPU and resolution. SLI is not supported. A special update will add this feature.

I believe its a problem with the drivers that you have installed from the CD that you got along with your graphics card. You see, those drivers might be old to support the new games released these days and therefore nvidia regularly updates their drivers so that new games can be supported with their video card. So, start by installing the latest graphics driver available for your card.