Thread: Not getting optimum resolution on Samsung TV while using it as secondary monitor

Not getting optimum resolution on Samsung TV while using it as secondary monitor

I had connected a Samsung TV to my pc. There is a 18inch LCD monitor also connected. The output on Samsung TV is pathetic. There is lots of blurriness and also sometime the screen flicker. I thought the output on TV will be far more better in comparison to what I am getting on my pc. But the entire scenario here is different. Is there anything I can do to make the output more better.

Re: Not getting optimum resolution on Samsung TV while using it as secondary monitor

It actually depend on your video memory. If your pc is not having a good gpu or if it is really low on video memory then surely the output on the TV will be affected. You can play with the resolution and try back.

Re: Not getting optimum resolution on Samsung TV while using it as secondary monitor

Try to reduce the resolution. Actually there is a huge different between resolution that we have on our monitor and the one which he have a on TV. A monitor has more pixels compare to a TV. Because monitors are designed for working purpose. They offer you great clarity and sharpness. The same on TV is not available due to which you get a blurred output. I think you are using a VGA cable here to share the TV screen with your pc. I will advice you to go with hdmi connectivity. The output resolution hdmi is far more better compare to the output you get on vga. the first thing you have to do is simply change the vga cable to hdmi and check back. This will surely add impact on the screen output. But things here will be limited with the video memory. If you have a gpu then you can extend it to maximum and get a great kind of output. I had helped my friend to setup his home theater system where I had seen the output was really cool over hdmi. But he has a 1GB gpu that manages the video resolution.

There is nothing you can do without adding a graphic card. I had tested a 18inch TV on my pc which gave really poor resolution on vga cable. I think it is of no use to use a tv like a pc. While for watching movies you can use the usb.