Thread: How to reduce the screen size of a projector

How to reduce the screen size of a projector

I want some help to reduce the screen size of a projector. When I turned it on, it was full and it covered the entire wall. Also a part is crossing the roof. I had connected the projector to my pc. I tried to use the menu, but there is no size adjustment is available. There is a section where I can reduce the horizontal and vertical screen layout, but that does not offer much help here. I want to fit the screen inside a projector film.

Re: How to reduce the screen size of a projector

Try to change the aspect ratio. That will do the job. You have to see the projector settings for that. This are similar to settings that we see in our monitor. You just have to modify the aspect ratio and you will get a proper output on your screen.

That can be done by changing the screen resolution. Many projector comes with preset screen mode. You will have to select one among them. Now screen resolution is one of the most easiest way to change the screen size and simply fit this inside a screen. For that right click on the desktop and click on screen resolution if you are using Windows 7. In the existing window you can see a set of different resolution levels. Keep on reducing that unless you can get the final screen that fits well. Now here you can reduce the screen size as per your need. But to fit the screen properly inside a projector screen requires manual placement. You might have to move the projector and place it properly so that it gives you a right kind of output. You can also flip the projection to landscape and portrait as per your need. This is another great way of getting the proper screen. For watching movies it is always recommended that you must stick with existing landscape layout. That is more helpful and it makes your work more better. Because in the widescreen output watching hd videos is really great. While for presentation and other stuff going with portrait layout is simply proper.

Try to go with horizontal and vertical shifting. That will be more better I think. In that you can simply adjust the screen size and modify the aspect ratio to get a proper size which will fix in your wall.

Most of the screen resolution settings depend on the internal menu only. I had seen there are no automated too available which can simply adjust the screen size as per your need. The screen resolution can only help you. Most of the time when you connect a projector it act as a secondary monitor. And the resolution is detected automatically. You do not require to do anything. Many projectors I had seen comes with limited screen settings only. You can modify them to some extent. While high resolution monitor only works fine when you have a bigger space available for screen output. It is necessary that you must simply stick with the current settings which are default and easy to manage. Some projectors offer you a grid based layout to adjust the screen size. On which basis you can configure the screen and fix them inside a small space. You can try that also.