Thread: Among LCD and LED which one should I go for and why ?

Among LCD and LED which one should I go for and why ?

I went to a nearby shopping mall to get a new tv. Now there were some models with a price difference. There was one TV by Sony which was heavy and was for Rs.14,500. While there was another one of the same size which was by Samsung and it cost around Rs.13,500. There were some cheaper models also available. Whichever product I saw under LED were costly, while LCD was affordable. I did not find any difference in the video output.

Re: Among LCD and LED which one should I go for and why ?

There is a big difference between both. LCD's offer you more low video output compare to a LED TV which is more vibrant and rich in color quality. If you are buying just go for a 22inch LED TV. That's all.

It is correct that going for LED is a more proper choice. Because there you have a better display with nice color output and also LED TV's are low on power consumption. From distance you can find the difference. Now if you are looking for a reasonable solution, then you can try finding LCD LED Backlit TV which is commonly found. They are quiet affordable and are better compared to LCD. TV's are available in wide affordable range giving you ample of solution. And many shops gives you simple emi option where you can afford a costly TV also. You will not get a complete LED TV. Most of the LCD TV's are modified and comes with backlit option. Recently my friend has purchased a Samsung TV that came with backlit option and is good enough for giving out vibrant output. The cost of the that TV was around Rs.13500 which was reasonable. Videocon is having some really small size brand in terms of LCD tv offering you a clear and nice output. The price lies below Rs.10,000. So if you are simply looking for a affordable range then look out for Videocon products. The costliest brand which I saw in the market was Sony. There are other brands like Micromax, or Haier where you will get more price relief.

Go for LED. Which is the best one. If you love HD resolution video output then going for a LED TV is quiet better. While LCD will just give you less detailed screen output. It is not really visible. LED's are great for watching movies.