Thread: One monitor among three stops working on every system reboot

One monitor among three stops working on every system reboot

My system has dual gpu with sli connectivity. There are around three different monitors connected. There is a bit problem with my system. Whenever I boot my system a single monitor stops working while there is proper display on the other two. I tried to check the connection but that looks to be working fine. I had tested the monitor on a separate pc also where it is working.

Re: One monitor among three stops working on every system reboot

Might be resolution issue. If you are using Windows then just right click on your desktop and click on screen resolution. Just check that all the three display are listed over there. Choose a big screen resolution and done. It will work.

Try to change the connectivity ports. Graphic cards offer you more than one display interface. Like HDMI, DVI-D or Display Port. Use something other and then check back. I am using 2 monitors on a single graphic card. I was having the same issue where one monitor always remains blank on boot. Then I ordered a display adapter separately. I attached both the monitors on that and the display adapter was connected to gpu. The issue is resolved. It is working fine and has not issue with connectivity. The second thing you can test out is simply updating the video drivers. That is another great way of dealing with problem. Go on the official website of nvidia and download the most latest graphic card. Update them in your system and done. It will fix up the resolution bug and will make your system performance more better. So first move ahead with the driver updates but if that does not help you much then you can add a secondary display adapter on the graphic card and test it back. That will be more appropriate I think.

When you get the display. When the system boots up completely I think you can seen the output on screen. That is actually common. You can simply ignore that. Just try updating the drivers as mentioned above.

I had connected a widescreen monitor to my laptop. And it is by default configured on the second screen to show up display. Now when I turn it on for sometime I can see the output on my laptop lcd and later on it switches to my monitor. So that is the process. If you are getting the display after sometime then it is not a issue. It is easy to manage. If the second monitor completely stops working then it simply means you are having serious driver problem with connectivity. It is essential that you must change the cable or the display interface. From bios also you will have to first checkout different settings and see that a proper display interface is selected.