Thread: Massive fps drop on Nvidia 670 gpu

Massive fps drop on Nvidia 670 gpu

I am not able to understand even after having a good gpu in my pc, there is a massive fps drop. It is going constantly and also slowing down the gaming output. I hope there will be some option available to fix the issue. I am having some 600 series graphic card in my pc which looks to be good enough for any new game. I am trying to play COD here. Can anyone help me here.

Re: Massive fps drop on Nvidia 670 gpu

That can due to outdated drivers. Try to add the latest nvidia drivers in your system and then check back. That will resolve the matter. I also got the same kind of issue on my AMD graphic card, but after upgrade the issue is resolved.

Try to run the game at low resolution settings. That might be helpful I think in fixing the issue. Usually this kind of issue can be due to poor drivers or gpu heating. You will need to test that. You can just install a gpu temp checker in your system which will keep on giving you information on the existing temperature. If it is rising then it is not good. Your cpu is getting heated while playing game due to which it is affecting the gaming performance also. Now to fix that there are few couple of things you can try out. First open your system case and remove the gpu. Just disconnect it, clean it and then fix it back. That will be more better. If you are having multiple gpu slots in your system then that will be more better. Just change the location and try back. That is another great way of fixing the issue. But if nothing work then your gpu is about to die. If it is under warranty then carry the same to your nearest service center. They might repair it. While if it is out of warranty then you can use till the time it is working. You will need to give a bit halt while playing games so that the gpu can cool down a bit. Try to update the drivers and test back.

My graphic card has stopped working after the same issue. I having a Nvidia 2GB DDR3 graphic card which was having the same issue. There was really poor fps and after few days it just stopped working.

Changing the gpu cooler can be helpful. First as mentioned above move ahead with updating new driver edition. Playing the games on maximum resolution simply makes your device more hotter. Just reduce the resolution for time being. Now you can fix the same by changing the gpu cooler. Ample of online website offers you gpu fans which is designed separately to give more cooling. You can open up the gpu if it is not under warranty and also apply the thermal paste. Buying a good quality thermal paste is really great to keep your cpu and gpu cooler. I did this to a old graphic card which is was stopped working. It worked around 1 to 2 months on new heat sink and then stopped working. Changing the pci slot is another great option to fix the issue. But you must have different slots on your board or else it might not work.