Thread: Which bios to flash for HD 5970

Which bios to flash for HD 5970

Is there any valid version of bios available that I can overwrite on HD 5970. The gpu looks to be not performing well. I simply tried ample of different things here but somehow it does not looks to be working so well. I also went on the official website and not able to find any associated new firmware update. I need some help here to make the gpu work more fine by adding a new bios support.

re: Which bios to flash for HD 5970

There is no bios available for the card. Somehow it is essential that you go with the driver update if you are facing poor performance. That is the only reasonable option available. While I had seen people overwriting bios of different gpu on HD5970. That is a bit risky and also there is no guarantee whether it is going to work or not.

Re: Which bios to flash for HD 5970

It is very complicated to find bios for the a gpu. But some sites are offering you the download. They are not tested nor officially released. But this can be a bit savoir when your gpu is completely dead. If it is working then I will not recommend you to go for the update. That can ruin your existing gpu completely. I mostly trust on the official site only for bios update. Because there you get a proper copy that might surely work and will not provide any issues. Gpu bios flashing still looks to be outdated and has no direct utility for updates. The entire performance mostly relies on the driver updates. There are certain unofficial methods available but I am not really sure whether it is going to work or not. Usually people flash the bios to increase the clock rate. Because ample of time the manufacturer sells a video chip with good performance but it is locked down. Through a new bios update that can be unlocked and you can gain a bit great output. Try some tech support forums for the same. I am sure you will get a bit proper output on it.

There are some third party forums here that are offering download for vga bios update for this card. But yet there are hardly any person I found who tested and confirmed that it is working. I hope this unofficial bios update surely works.

Thos are unofficial bios update. There is a 50/50 chance to use it. Sometime it might work and sometime it might not. Your updating process must be proper. Righthow the safest method here is to first backup bios of your existing gpu and then go for the update. So that if you face any issue atleast you have a option to restore the original bios back. There is no direct utility available which can do this. Download relative flash files first that matches your gpu. There are different editions available. Somehow the manufacturer must itself offer a ready to use utility that can help us to flash bios and enhance its performance. Tools like nvflash or NiBiToR works for nvidia. I am not really sure about the ati or amd. You can find the bios version if Gpuz. This tiny utility can simply give you information on the current version and then you can find out relative updates. I had seen my friend using Nibitor that is a ready to use utility to flash the bios. It is relatively simple to use. I hope there can be something available for ATi also.