Thread: Dual screen problem with Hp pavilion P6680t

Dual screen problem with Hp pavilion P6680t

I want some help to hook two monitors on Hp pavilion P6680t desktop. I am unable to find any settings for the same. I am having two monitors of 18inch each. The one can be connected via vga port. But what if I want to add two. I cannot see any other ports on the backside. I think this system is having a graphic card. But I am not so good in finding that. Is there any additional hardware available through which I can simply use two monitors.

Re: Dual screen problem with Hp pavilion P6680t

The model which you had mentioned comes with a gpu. You will need to find that first. For that you can use a tiny application called as cpuz. This app gives you a complete information on your system hardware.

Hp pavilion P6680t comes with different hardware config. Now this desktop also comes with Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD graphics. Which are on board graphics and has a single vga port on the back. It is a D shaped connector where you connect the monitor. While it comes with Radeon HD 5450, Radeon HD 315 and Radeon HD 5570. If you are having any one of those then you are probably having more video output connectors on the backside. A gpu comes with dvi, vga and hdmi port. One which you can connect different monitors and use them together. It is not necessary to find or add a third party display adapter. Just check on the backside first. DVI port is bigger one with higher number of holes in it and HDMI here is a bit more thinner. The display output is simply great on hdmi port. That gives a more clear output. But to use that you have to also check whether the monitor you are using is having a hdmi port or not. Then only you can use them. While it is more easy to find a dvi to vga adapter.

You can just buy a dvi to vga adapter and connect the monitor on dvi port on the desktop. This model surely has a graphic card. Once connected you just have to go in display properties and modify the screen resolution. That's all. Your system will get dual display output.

If your system is not having a graphic card then you can buy a pci display card. It comes with additional connectivity options. Most of the display card comes with common connectivity solution. Like a vga, hdmi and dvi port. They are cheaper. Or else you can simply buy a gpu which is more better upgrade. Because here graphic card will be give you more better output compare to a regular display card. There are ample of reasons behind it. A display card completely relies on your on-board video memory. And when you put the display resolution to maximum your system performance will be affected. While a graphic card is far more better. Where you can add multiple monitors on it and use them at maximum resolution. It will work fine and will not give any issue in terms of performance. There are some standard display ports also available that works via hdmi or usb. But the output is standard on it.