Thread: How many monitor support with HD 5700

How many monitor support with HD 5700

I want some information on ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 gpu. I want to know how many monitors I can hook on this card. I have to provide a big screen presentation based on a project. Now I have arranged 4 monitors of 18.5inch each I am rightnow using two monitors that looks to be working fine. Also the project consist of some 3D cinematic that needs to be displayed well. I just want some help to determine the maximum output. And also want to know the process to hook more than 2 monitors.

Re: How many monitor support with HD 5700

There are different models available in that. The one that I know comes with one display port, one hdmi and two dvi ports. So on that basis you can simply hook up 3 monitors on that based on the connectivity. You can try adding three and set the same on maximum resolution. Then check back.

It usually depend on the maximum resolution the graphic card can offer. On that basis you can hook up the number of monitors on the same. Now here as per the specification ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 is capable of giving maximum 2560x1600 resolution on dual-link DVI. While the integrated DisplayPort offers maximum resolution of 2560x1600. Which is not bad at all. I think for 4 display is more than enough for it. While for adding higher amount of monitor you will need to buy a good display port adapter. AMD graphic card support ATI Eyefinity technology that can help you to hook up different display instantly. For that you must have Catalyst 9.10 or above. Lower than that will not give you proper output. It is really essential that you must go with proper setup so that you get appropriate output. Right-now on the 4 display ports you can instantly connect different set of monitors through set of different display adapters. That's all.That will be a plug and play type of work. All of them will be detected in the display properties from where you can adjust and set maximum resolution. So that wll be the most easiest option here.

You will need to study Ati Eyefinity technology which will help you to get what you are looking for. The main setup lies here is to hook the monitors and set it on prescribed resolution so that it can fit well on all screens. Or else there can be surround black border in the corners.

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 is a good gpu but I do not think it is going to face the performance of multiple monitor. It is great for around 2 widescreen display where you can get HD output. Higher resolution can put great impact on the gpu to deliver proper output. It is a bit essential that you invest a bit good amount on a more better and high end series graphic card. I think right now using dual monitor is the best choice. Above that can make your system performance more poor. There are in all 4 ports on the gpu. For a proper setup you will also need to buy a good display adapter. There are ample of them available. The display port act a bridge among the display and graphic card. Here you connect one part of the display adapter to the gpu only and other one are connected to different monitors. It is a bit essential that you buy a good one with atleast 4 ports. Some of them also offers 6 to 8 ports for connectivity. That would be better I think. It is essential that you are using the most recent version of Catalyst also. Go on YouTube and you can find a full guide on the setup process.