Thread: Which is the best IPS gaming monitor of 2013

Which is the best IPS gaming monitor of 2013

I am looking for the best IPS gaming monitor in the market. I need one for video editing and gaming job. But unable to find the same. I need some good monitor which must have a good vibrant output. Or else it would be really dull in using it. I will prefer to go for a full size monitor above 27inch. That will be more better. It is also great to have some kind of connectivity options through which I can also use it with my pc. Is there any great model available in the market.

Re: Which is the best IPS gaming monitor of 2013

My friend has a good one. It is Eizo fs2333. It is a nice flat panel IPS gaming monitor with great output and clear screen. It is a costly product but really great in terms of features and output. The cost of this monitor lies around $425. I am not sure what is the price in India, but you can try to find the same on Amazon.

Eizo fs2333 is one of the leading gaming monitors in the market. It is specifically designed to give you vibrant output with great looks and nice features. With smart insight you can get more clearer view of dark parts in the game. There are some cool features like Smart Resolution that automatically makes the images more clearer. It has a IPS panel and the screen size of the monitor lies around 23inch. The native resolution it offers is 1920 x 1080 on aspect ration of 16:9. And viewing angle is limited to 178 degree which is most common. It is a nice monitor with crisp display that would help you to get the right aspect of every picture and video on your screen. The existing model which I am talking about comes with integrated speakers also. I had not seen any other monitor more clearer than it. It has really sharp display which make gaming here more better. Eizo has different monitors in different series. Like the one which I am talking above belongs to Forris series and the other one belongs to FS Series. There are some more reasonable models available but you cannot simply go for a lower end due to low configuration and so the gaming output will be also affected.

I think rightnow the reasonable model according to me is Dell 2412M which comes for Rs.18,500. This monitor is easily available in the market giving you great output in terms of gaming. It is a 24inch IPS widescreen monitor delivering great output in terms of gaming. It has a higher aspect ration around 16:10 with resolution 1920x1200. I found the monitor really value for money product compare to other high end models in the market.

Just have a look on Asus VG248QE. It is also a 24inch monitor like Dell 2412M. This monitor gives you a 144Hz of great refresh rate while I think Dell can only give you around 60Hz. Refresh rate really matters a lot here. The higher the refresh rate the more clear you can see and it puts really less strain on your eyes. The lower it is, more your eyes will get tired while playing the game. This monitor is capable of giving you 1920x1080 of full HD resolution. It comes loaded with smart contrast that manages the screen output properly. The best feature of this monitor is the high contrast ratio which gives a clear screen output. You can see fast moving objects clearly. The contrast ratio here is increased to 80,000,000:1. Which is controlled by Asus Smart Contrast. So that you can get the brightest image on your screen. The maximum resolution this monitor offers is 1920x1080. There are added video modes among which you can choose the right one for watching your favorite video. Compare to Eizo fs2333 this one if far more cheaper. It comes for $266. That makes it more cheaper and reasonable gaming monitor.

I have LG IPS234V 23inch monitor. It is basically a cheaper model available in the market delivering great output and good features. It is a full hd monitor with mega contrast ratio. The maximum resolution it offers is 1920 x 1080 at a aspect ratio of 16:9. So that does not looks really bad for gaming. The standard output is great for gaming and watching movies also.

There are two models which I will recommend you. The first is BenQ XL2420T and the second one is Dell U3014. Both are widescreen IPS gaming monitor rich in features. The price differ here. BenQ XL2420T a 24inch monitor comes for $389 while Dell U3014 comes for $1,196. Benq is extremely affordable model here, but on the same hand Dell U3014 is recommended for those who are looking for exclusive gaming output. Dell gives you a maximum resolution of 2560 x 1600 on 60Hz. While BenQ gives 1920×1080 on 120Hz. Here even being a cheaper model BenQ is good in refresh rate. While compare to it Dell is great in output resolution. Both are different in features are connectivity. In Dell you get more connectivity ports over BenQ. Like DVID with HDCP, Display Port, Mini Display Port, HDMI Port, five usb 3.0 ports, audio out and power jack. While BenQ here is quiet limited in the same. It comes with D-sub, DVi, two hdmi and headphone jack. There is also a big difference in the video output. Dell is more precise in gaming while BenQ is recommended for those who are just looking for vibrant screen.

Dell is too costly here. I think BenQ is quiet great. I had seen the specification here and it looks to be standard in terms of gaming. While there are more cheaper models available. What matters here is a proper contrast ratio, refresh rate, maximum resolution and connectivity ports. It is easier to choose on that basis.