Thread: Which is the best gpu among GTX 680 and GTX 660

Which is the best gpu among GTX 680 and GTX 660

Which card will be better for gaming between GTX 680 & 660. I am getting a old GTX 680 at a very cheap price. While my system already has GTX 660. It is not working. So I am going to buy a new one. Now here GTX 660 lies in my budget, but one of my friend is selling is GTX 680. so just want to confirm which will be better here. I am not really sure about any gpu in the market. I am looking for one which can give me decent gaming performance. Thanks in advance.

Re: Which is the best gpu among GTX 680 and GTX 660

It is obvious that GTX 680 will be better. Because it ia higher series. It is more powerful compared to 660. It offers you more memory and better specification over 660. Both cards are bit old, but you can simply look for newer entry level cards in the market.

There is a difference between specification of both the card. But it is not really great. You can just get more 20% of processor power. That's all. Still I am listing you the difference so that you can choose a better one. GTX 680 1536 Cuda cores over 660 which provides 960. The clock rate is also increased here to 1058 over 1033. Both are 6gbps cards, but 680 offers you GDDR5 memory. So that makes it more faster in terms of performance. While in terms of connectivity and features there is no great difference. But there is a difference in the output. The maximum resolution 660 offers is 2560x1600 while you can get on 4096x2160 on 680. So you can simply find the difference. If you are getting GTX 680 at a reasonable rate then simply go for it. It is a worth card for standard gaming experience. But you must also checkout the other budget cards also on the web. That will be more helpful. I had seen many latest reasonable cards sold at simply better price ratio over older. In which you get latest technology support.

The best budget card according to me is Radeon HD 6670 DDR3. It is a 1GB graphic card. The cost is just around Rs.5,069. Compare to your GTX 680 this is a bit lower in features but I am using it from long time where it works really well. It offers 2560 x 1600 maximum resolution and works on PCI-E 2.1 bus.

You are giving a recommendation of very outdated card. It is not only cheap but also low on features. Compare to that GTX 680 is more better. Which support PCIe 3.0. So that makes in more powerful in processing as well in memory bus width. GTX 680 is not a old card. It belongs to the performance series. I am not really sure about the comparison but I think 680 will work really better. It features 256-bit GDDR5 memory interface that gives more output while gaming. It supports opengl 4.2 and offers technologies like 3D Vision, 3D Vision Surround, CUDA, DirectX 11, PhysX, SLI, TXAA, Adaptive VSync, GPU Boost & FXAA. All this things simply shows that the card is new and has many new supports. The 2GB variation of this card under ASUS Nvidia comes for Rs.39,000. What is the actual cost on which you are getting it. If it is lower than 50% then it is worth to buy. Because there is no guarantee in old cards whether they will be working well or not. It is a bit riskier to buy a product which is out of warranty. I will advice you to go with GTX 680.

I am using GTX 690. I got this in my desktop when I bought it. It offers 3072 Cuda Cores, 915Mhz base clock, 1019 Mhz Boost clock, and 234 Texture fill rate. It is a pci 3.0 card with 4096 MB of memory speed and 512-bit Memory Interface. I think this is a high end card. If you are going for a new one then why to buy the old series back.

Those are very costly cards. I am not able to understand how you guy scan afford it. I can list you some cards that might fit well in budget and will also be better in performance. One of them is Radeon HD 7870 . It is a good high performance cards in budget price range giving you all you need for maximum gaming performance. It has a 2GB GDDR5 Memory with 1200MHz Memory Clock. The memory bandwidth is 153.6GB/s. And memory interface is 256-bit GDDR5. It is a Direct X11 capable card having support for OpenGL 4.2 also. The card is a not very old but can be a good alternative for GTX 690. Mostly this kind of cards are great for playing games on multiple display. On a regular single screen you cannot completely utilize them. Below is the link of Radeon HD 7870 specification. That will tell you in more detail about the new things in it. This card lies around Rs.20,000. Which is I think a budget price for high end games.

Radeon HD 7870

Two cards that I will recommend you is Radeon HD 7950 and GTX 670. This are two great cards for any type of games according to me. The performance is similar and also they offer great gaming output also. I think they are bit less cheaper compare to what is mentioned above.