Thread: atipdlxx.dll is missing in Ati tray tools

atipdlxx.dll is missing in Ati tray tools

I have a laptop that has inbuilt Radeon 6000m series GPU onboard. I have recently installed uninstalled Catalyst Control Center and was trying to install Ati tray tools since its a good alternative. But if I am trying to install it then it says that it is missing some file called atipdlxx.dll. I tried downloading this files from various website but nothing worked for me? Can anyone tell me how can I install this tool in my pc? Thanks.

Re: atipdlxx.dll is missing in Ati tray tools

Since you have installed the Catalyst Control Center driver previously, so I think that even after removing it, there might be some traces left over in your pc. You will have to completely remove all of its remain from your computer, even from the Program Files folder. To do this, download a tool called Revo Uninstaller. It contains a set of tools to completely clean your computer. It is therefore possible to determine the objects that launch at startup or erase the traces in its applet.

Can you tell us which version of graphics driver are you using? I have heard that the Ati tray tools doesnt work or is not compatible with the 12.x version of the graphics driver. So if you have installed these latest drivers then immediately remove it and install the older version of the drivers that would be available on the AMD wesbite.

An alternative to Ati tray tools that you can use is Sapphire Trixx for overclocking as well as for controlling the fans of the graphics card. Sapphire TriXX is an application for monitoring, tuning, tweaking and overclocking your own graphics cards. TriXX displays in real time the temperature of the gpu, the speed of the rotation of fans and the clock frequencies of the core graph. In addition, it allows you to vary such parameters that can be used to carry overclocking and overvolting and also saves the custom setting through profiles.