Thread: Adjustable stand for 23inch Dell LCD Monitor

Adjustable stand for 23inch Dell LCD Monitor

I own a 23inch Dell LCD Monitor. I am looking for adjustable stand through which I can simply increase or decrease the height. I am not looking for a wall mount panel or something like that. Basically I am having a new requirement of monitor. But I thought if it is possible to get a adjustable monitor stand then I can save some money. But if it s not available then I need a big size monitor here. More than 23inch. I am going to use it for teaching purpose. And the existing stand does not move at all. Which makes it a bit complicated to use.

Re: Adjustable stand for 23inch Dell LCD Monitor

Why you don't want to go for wall mount. They are one of the best options I think. You can just hook the monitor on wall at a place where it is visible to everyone. Many wall mounting kits comes with height adjustment and rotation support. That works really great.

There are some monitor models that comes with adjustable stand. You can simply use the same to increase and decrease the height. I had seen some models by Dell. They are quiet easy to use. You can just drag them on top side or press them to the lower side to adjust the height. The mode of that monitor is Dell Professional P170S. It is a 17inch flat monitor which comes with adjustable stand on the backside. So that you can simply use it as per your need. This would be the best option for you. There is no need to add a separate stand and also you can get a new monitor. But the screen size is smaller here. You had mentioned about a 23inch monitor. And compare to that the one that I had posted above is more smaller in size. It will be complicated for you to use it for teaching purpose. But if you are willing to buy a wall mounting kit then try to buy the one with height adjustment. There are ample of kits available which can do that job. I think Amazon is the best place to find those wall mounting kits. And you will also find ample of reasonable models on the same site.

There are few gaming monitors of 27inch which comes with adjustable stand, but they are simply very costly. The budget here exceed Rs.20000 quiet easily. If you are willing to buy the same then I can list you some models here which will be more helpful.

Look for BenQ BL2400PT. I am not sure about the price of this monitor, but it has a adjustable stand on the backside. It is a locked stand and the monitor simply fits well on it. You can simply push it up to increase the height to press it down. It is very smooth in usage. You can completely tilt it vertically by forcing it up on the maximum height. The screen size of this monitor is 24inch. So it is simply a widescreen monitor for gaming purpose. It has great features here. The maximum resolution it offers is 1920x1080. It offers you D-sub / DVI / DP / headphone jack / line in connectivity options. I found the monitor really great for working purpose. You get more space on it. Compare to a small size monitor, a bigger one is more better in terms of output. You can play two videos side by side at a single time. And also it is quiet low on power consumption. It is actually a productivity model more and less gaming model. The monitor also features a nice rotation from left to right. It is having a circle stand on the back due to which rotation is more increased. The design really looks durable here.

I think it will be a bit costly decision to buy a large monitor with adjustable stand. I am working in a institution which teaches computers to kids. I am having a reasonable size monitor connected to the wall. It is lies on the top side which offers maximum visibility to everyone.

There is one more budget monitor. The model is Dell U2311H. The price of this monitor lies between Rs.10,000 to Rs.15,000. It has been released long before and I am sure till today the price has fallen to great extent. I checked the model on Dell that shows it is being discontinued. But still if you can find it on some shop it will be more reasonable. This the only monitor which has a nice height adjustment. Compare to other models the stand of this monitor is thinner and more appropriate to adjust. I really liked the design. While compare to that BenQ BL2400PT is more broader and can be bulky to some extent when it comes for adjustment. For getting a good height support for a monitor it is recommended that you must go for wall mount. Because in that you can utilize your existing model and you can also avoid spending a good amount in costly monitors.

Go for wall mount. They are more cheaper. And the usage here is also very easy. You can just hook the monitor on the wall and your job is done. You can later on remove it and use it as a regular monitor. So that makes it more flexible in usage. While if you buy a monitor with fixed stand then in future it will be complicated to hook it on wall mount.