Thread: GTX 690 red screen and flickering issues

GTX 690 red screen and flickering issues

I got a GTX 690 card with me which is giving me troubles with red screen and flickering issues when playing any games or running any 3D applications. Most of the time the screen will flicker to a black strip for some good amount of time. This problem will start every 5 or 10 minutes and I have only noticed it when I am on the desktop doing nothing. And when I am running any 3D application then the red screen will appear. When I do a alt tab then it will solve the issue for sometime but at this time, I will also get an error that states "Desktop window display manager has stopped working". Can anyone please tell me how do I solve this issue. Thanks.

Re: GTX 690 red screen and flickering issues

I was also getting this white/black lines flashing issues when I got my second monitor and put it on portrait mode while watching some videos online. I was also getting some red flashing screens while loading a game for some quick seconds. So I think that it is a driver issue with 2 or more monitor. And there might be some problems as well with third party monitoring software causing this red screen of death. If you have enabled SLI as well, then try to disable it and see if it works.

Can you tell us which driver version you are using? I was also getting the same problem when I upgraded my drivers from stable version to beta version. Also, have you checked whether the video card is not overheating? You have to ensure that your card is staying at an acceptable operating tempratures before you can assume that the video card is not faulty.

I have found that the Asus GPU tweak makes the red screen to appear on your system. So, if you are using this tool then it is the main problem for this error. After removing it I have solved this issue and I am not facing any problems till now. But the only issue that is still happening with me is the flickering problem. I will make a video of this flickering issue so that people can take a look at it.