Thread: Looking for Monitor with Wifi and USB

Looking for Monitor with Wifi and USB

I am looking for a lcd monitor with wifi and usb on it. I am building a home theater system. Where I want a easy way to connecting the monitor with my pc. It is great if it has a wide size. Through wifi it will be easier for me to access my movies directly on the TV. While through usb I can connect my hard drive. I am unable to find any monitor like this. I went to a nearby shop and still found nothing. I hope there will be some model available at a decent price range that can give me what I am looking for.

Re: Looking for Monitor with Wifi and USB

There is only model that was released some time ago. It is called as Acer D241H. It is the only computer monitor I think that comes with Wifi connection. While there is nothing like that provided on any other lcd monitor. There is a reason for that. After adding Wifi the monitor will also require some kind of integrated OS to manage the movies and other stuff. While monitors comes with most basic menu. You have to look for Smart TV kind of stuff for this. In computer monitors you cannot find a wifi but usb is available.

If you search on web for wifi or usb support you can find ample of smart tv. And that too at a reasonable price range. Having a wifi in the system requires integrated media player to run the video or audio content. But instead of having a direct connection on TV you can buy a DVR or media player type box for your home theater system. On that you can connect the tv an stream media shared over the network. I am sure that will be a much better alternative. Go for digital media players.

Why don't you go for a TV here. If you are building a home theater system then you will also need to hook a separate speaker for the monitor. And then you will ask for audio jack on the monitor. The best thing you can do is buy a TV and use it in your home theater. There are many TV that comes with wifi, usb, audio jack, hdmi, Ethernet port, etc. You can use it easily to connect to your system and stream the content. I am sure there is ample of models available.

If you are searching for TV with wifi support then the best keyword to find a proper model is internet tv. Today there are some Tv models which are listed under SmartTV series. The one that I saw was a 55" Samsung widescreen TV. It was very costly but loaded with all smart features. You connect the tv with your pc or router through wifi. The streaming about was also great. There are TV with lan port also. And they offer more reliable connectivity compare to wifi.

I am having my own home theater system. I will give you a short information on the type of connection I configured. I created a media server that made by job more easier. In media server you have to keep all your multimedia content on a single place and share it with others.

The permission settings are must easy to manage. Through which I can stream all the content on my tv. It is not at all complicated to configure. There are some ready to use media server software on web.

There are many internet TV models available. Like LG 42LS5700, VIZIO M420KD, etc. There are some good models available under samsung also. But compare to regular TV, SmartTV are more costly.

Because they features a integrated OS for web surfing and application support. I bought a android media player box recently. It was great to use. It is more convenient to some extent. There are number of media player box available in the market which allows you to connect pc an tv together.