Thread: Zotac gt 520 connected to TV via hdmi results in Blue screen

Zotac gt 520 connected to TV via hdmi results in Blue screen

My system has Zotac gt 520 graphic card and I have connected it to my TV via hdmi but because of some issue I get Blue screen sometimes. The Blue screen doesn’t last long, it disappears after some seconds and things turn normal after that. I am not able to make out why I am getting that blue screen randomly. Is there anyone who has an idea about this weird issue and can help me out???

Re: Zotac gt 520 connected to TV via hdmi results in Blue screen

If it works fine for the rest of the time then there might be something wrong with your GPU driver. In that case you can try uninstalling and reinstalling latest driver for your Zotac gt 520. You can download it from its official site. Just make sure that you are downloading the latest one. On the other hand cross check and install the latest windows updates for y our system.

I want to know if you have your Zotac gt 520 overclocked??? If yes, then underclock it and cross check if you are able to get rid of the random Blue screen. If that’s not the case, than as suggested you can try uninstalling and reinstalling your GPU driver.
    If at all, even that doesn’t help then you can try connecting it to some other PC monitor and cross check if it works fine there. There are different causes of blue screen. I guess it’s because of GPU in your case.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with the Zotac gt 520 driver. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest driver for my Zotac gt 520 quite a few times but no avail. I have checked out the connection and I have tested it with my PC monitor, it doesn’t come up with blue screen there. However for browsing, playing games I prefer my TV.
    I have tried changing hdmi cable but no luck. Let me know if there is anything else that I can try out. I think there is something wrong with the card but I am not sure about it as it works fine with my PC monitor.

If it’s not your GPU then there might be something wrong with your RAM. Blue screen can occur because of ram as well. Just run memtest overnight and see if it passes all the test. Also, if you have more than one ram stick in your system then you can try booting with single stick for testing purpose. If possible try noting the details on BOSD so that we can have better idea of the issue you are going through.
    If you don’t know how to run memtest then you can refer some guide for the same. There are many of them over the web. You can check out for a couple of ones in this forum itself. Do post back your result, best of luck.

I have tried noting down the details of the Blue screen but since it appears for few seconds only, I am not able to note it down. I will try running memtest and will let you know the result.