Thread: GeForce GTX 660 Ti - Horizontal lines on screen while playing games

GeForce GTX 660 Ti - Horizontal lines on screen while playing games

My system is having GeForce GTX 660 Ti installed and since yesterday while playing games Horizontal lines appear on screen, they actually keep moving in speed and its very irritating. I want to know if this can be issue with my GeForce GTX 660 Ti or there might be something else in my system. As I have mentioned they come up only when I play games, any help for fixing this issue will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Re: GeForce GTX 660 Ti - Horizontal lines on screen while playing games

Horizontal lines on screen point to your GeForce GTX 660 Ti. I want to know if it occurred all of a sudden or you had received some signals of it occurrence before. I also wanted to know if it occurs while playing videos or it just occur while playing games??? Is your graphic card driver up to date??

My graphic card driver is up to date and I have updated it recently. My system is up to date with all recommended windows updated installed as well.
    These Horizontal lines started occurring all of a sudden. I never got any signal before they occurred. When they appeared for the very first time, I restarted my system and tried uninstalling and reinstalling the graphic card driver but it made no difference in my case. They just occur when I play games after 40 to 50 minutes of gaming. They don’t come up while watching videos. Any idea what might be causing those Horizontal lines to come up? I don’t think there might be anything wrong with the graphic card as it works fine for all the other tasks without single issue.

Did you check your video card temp when those horizontal lines start occurring??? I think they are coming up because of overheating issue. You can keep an eye on the video card temp under nVidia settings in Display Properties > settings > advanced > nvidia > temps. Just reproduce the same issue and let me know the temp you see at that time.

Have you overclocked your video card?? I have come across a lot of people who have faced horizontal lines on their screen while playing games after overclocking their cards. In case you are amongst them then downclock it, run it on stock speed and cross check if those horizontal lines disappear. If not then you can try testing your card in some other system. If you get the same response then there might be something wrong with your card and you will have to get it checked.

I have gone through Display Properties > settings > advanced > nvidia > temps and below is what I see
    58 degrees idle
    75 degrees under full load

I haven’t tried any kind of overclocking, my GeForce GTX 660 Ti is already running on the stock speed. It surely not an overheating issue, I have conformed this to my friends and they have said that GTX 660 Ti can handle temp up to 80 degrees. For now, I don’t have another system to test the card but ill surely ask one of my friends to test it for me. Until then if you all think there is anything that I can try out to get rid of those horizontal lines then please let me know.

Is it specific to any game?? If yes, then there might be something wrong with the game and not your card. In that case you can try running the game on lower settings. If that doesn’t work, then you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. If your issue is not specific to any particular game then testing your card in some other system will be a better idea to find out the exact cause of this issue. I can’t think of any other workaround that might help.

No it’s not specific to any game. I get the same response for almost all the latest games that I run now. I have tried playing my recently installed prototype 2 on lower settings and have tried uninstalling and installing it as well but no luck. All of my installed games were running without any issues my by now, I am not able to make out what went wrong with my system recently. I have asked one of my friend to test out the card, I will let you all know the result in a day or two.