Thread: ASUS gtx550 ti graphics card not getting recognized

ASUS gtx550 ti graphics card not getting recognized

My old graphic card turned faulty last week, I bought a new ASUS gtx550 ti graphics card today but it’s not getting recognized in my system. My system motherboard has onboard graphic card and I was using the same by now. I have made sure that I have installed the card properly but after restarting the system I don’t see anything on the screen. Does that mean there is something wrong with the card or I have to change some kind of setting to get it recognized?? Any idea?

Re: ASUS gtx550 ti graphics card not getting recognized

If there is no issue with the connection then there might be something wrong with the card. You can test it out in some other system, if it works fine then you will have to carry out some troubleshooting in your system and if it doesn’t then you will have to get your card checked.

Yes, there is nothing wrong with the connection, I have inspected it well. Currently I don’t have some other working system around to test the graphics card. I’ll ask my friend to test it out for me but then it might take a day or two. Until then if there is anything that I need to check out then please let me know. I don’t think there might be something wrong with the card as it is very new. I think there is some setting that I have to change for getting the card working. For now I have switched to integrated onboard graphics and its working fine without any issues

Have you gone through BIOS and have set the graphics option?? If not then enter bios and set the graphics option to PEG. After making this changes restart your system and see if your card gets recognized or not. Also make sure your system is having proper power for the card. Your PSU must be enough for handling the card else you won’t get anything on the screen.
    If at all you are not able to get the card working after setting graphics option to “PEG” and even after having enough power supply then there might be something wrong with the card. You might have picked up a defective one.

Since you have mentioned that your old graphic card had turned faulty a week ago, I want to know if you have uninstalled its driver from your system?? There are possibilities that your old card driver or software might be stopping windows from recognizing your new card. In case you haven’t uninstalled the old driver then use driver sweeper for uninstalling it completely. You can uninstall it from the device manager as well but sometimes even after uninstalling device manager, their instances remain in our system and create mess further. So to be at the safer side and avoid any issues further ill suggest you to install and run driver sweeper.
    If that’s not the case then as suggested, you might have picked up a defective card and you will have to get it replaced.

I had uninstalled the old graphic card driver before installing the new one. This issue doesn’t seem to be because of any driver, there is something else or may be my newly bought card is faulty. I’ll get it checked in one of my friend system and will let you know what’s the matter.