Thread: GeForce GTX 560 Ti driver keeps on crashing

GeForce GTX 560 Ti driver keeps on crashing

I have GeForce GTX 560 Ti In my system and I have updated its driver for playing Max Payne 3. Since updating the driver whenever I play any games it crashes, it crashes after playing the game for 5 to 10 minutes. I am not able to make out what’s wrong, it says “driver had got crashed and has got restored “what should I do to fix this crashing issue??

Re: GeForce GTX 560 Ti driver keeps on crashing

Have you made clean installation of GeForce GTX 560 Ti driver?? Which version of windows you are using? Which version of driver you have installed? Is it the latest one?? If not than install latest version of driver and make sure that you are making clean installation of latest driver. You can use driver sweeper or some uninstaller like that for uninstalling the current driver and latest one after that.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

I had not made clean installation of driver but I had upgraded it over old one. Anyways I have tried making clean installation of driver now and it’s not making any difference. I had my system overclocked for playing latest games but after facing this issue I have downclocked it and everything component is running at stock speed. I have installed GeForce R304 Driver Version: 306.97 WHQL from nvidia site. It is said to be recommended for Windows 8 launch, you can checked it out at nvidia site.

Give this a shot:

• Go in to device manager and uninstall your current GeForce GTX 560 Ti driver
    • Check out for files related to your graphic card driver and delete them if you come across any
    • Restart your system
    • Reinstall latest GeForce GTX 560 Ti driver
    • Restart your system

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver in same way and I have done that thrice but it’s just not making any difference. I have tried reseating the card, have tried playing games on lower resolution but no luck, it still crashes after playing the game for max 10 minutes. Can this be an issue with my Graphic card?? I had never faced any such issue while updating graphic card driver earlier no matter if I am overclocking my system or not. I should have updated my graphic card driver.

Since uninstalling and reinstalling latest graphic card driver has not made any difference in your case, I guess your card has turned faulty or might have started turning faulty. You have already tried out possible solution that you could have for dealing with this issue. I don’t think there might be any other workaround that might be able to try out further from your end rather than getting your card checked.