Thread: NVidia Geforce 8600GT is not getting detected

NVidia Geforce 8600GT is not getting detected

Something went wrong with my NVidia Geforce 8600GT graphic card, I don’t know why is it not getting recognized any more. Last night I had played Maxpayne for some hours and had slept, since than my system was untouched. However this morning when I started my system I wasn’t getting any display and I had to switch to the vga card on the board. I have tried reseating the card and have checked out its driver as well. Things are appearing fine but I am not able to make out why it is not getting recognized any more. Can anyone tell me what might have gone wrong with it???

re: NVidia Geforce 8600GT is not getting detected

If there is nothing wrong with driver than I guess your card has turned faulty, how long you have been using this card? Were you facing overheating issues previously??? You can still try uninstalling your current driver and reinstalling latest driver from its official site. If that helps than well and good but if it doesn’t than its time for you to get a new card.

re: NVidia Geforce 8600GT is not getting detected

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling latest driver several times but that’s not making any difference. My system won’t recognize it at all. I have spent just 3 months with this card and I don’t think it should turn out faulty so soon. I never had any overheating issue with the card as well. It was working fine until last night, I really can’t think of anything that might be causing this issue. Let me know if there is anything else that I can try to test the card rather that getting it checked from the place where I’ve bought it, it’s under warranty.

Re: NVidia Geforce 8600GT is not getting detected

See no one assures you that their product will surely work fine for so and so time period. Sometimes they work fine for more than a year and some time they turn faulty within a week. Since you have already tried uninstalling and installing driver without luck, your card has surely turned faulty. As it is under warranty you should not have any issue in RMA it but waiting to get it back soon might be a pain.
    If PrAcTiCe MaKeS pErFeCt AnD nObOdY iS pErFeCt WhY pRaTiCe...ThAtS wHaT pEoPlE mAkE hAcKs FoR

There are possibilities that there might be something wrong with the card slot and not the card, in that case if you are having some other working machine than you can check out your card in there. If your card works fine in other system than you will have to get your board repaired and if it doesn’t than your card. I don’t think there might be any better solution to eliminate possible cause of this issue rather than testing it out in other machine.

Currently I don’t have any other working machine at my place but one of my nearest friends has one. I will check out my card there and will let you know if there’s something wrong with the card or the card slot. I don’t know why but I feel that there is something wrong with the card slot.