Thread: Samsung SyncMaster 2232 BW Plus flickers on startup

Samsung SyncMaster 2232 BW Plus flickers on startup

I have recently bought Samsung SyncMaster 2232 BW Plus monitor, the problem that I am facing with it is that it flickers on startup for a while. I mean when I start my system first time, its screen stays black for some time and then it starts flickering but things turns up fine after it boot in to windows. I am not able to reproduce the same if I restart my system. Like I said it happens at cold boot only, I want to know if this is some kind of issue with my SyncMaster 2232. It yes, than is there anything that I can do to fix it????

Re: Samsung SyncMaster 2232 BW Plus flickers on startup

As far as I am aware that’s normal, even I can see that flickering on my Samsung monitor. It just happens at cold boot but as soon as it gets a bit warm it works fine. I haven’t faced any issue after my system boots in to windows. I doubt if that flickering is because some kind of issue because, I have been facing it since I’ve bought my Samsung monitor.

See I am quite sure that this flickering is caused by something, I don’t know what. We have 20 Samsung SyncMaster B1930 monitors at our office. Amongst all I have seen flickering with just 3 monitors on cold boot, rest of them works fine. If this would have been normal than I should have seen this flickering on all 20 monitors, isn’t it?? On the other hand we had bought all Samsung SyncMaster B1930 on the same day, they are turned on and off almost at the same time every day.

I agree to you upon that, anyways I am just here to add that this issue is with monitor and not systems. I have two Samsung monitor, one is 19 inch where as other is 21 inch. I have faced this issue with 19 inch monitor, 21 inch works perfectly. In my case flickering of screen is quite random, it doesn’t occur at every cold boot. Sometime it just boots up fine and some time I see the screen flickering while it boots. Just to confirm the culprit for this issue, I had swapped the monitors and was able to reproduce the flickering on 19 inch monitor. Since it doesn’t let me worry after booting in to windows, I don’t mind it. If you do that get your SyncMaster 2232 BW Plus checked and let me know how you get it fixed.

I don’t mind it as well, it’s just that I wanted to confirm if that flickering was normal or there was some reason behind it. Since you have mentioned that you have tested your monitors and have found it to be the culprit, I trust you. It doesn’t creates any mess once it boot’s in to windows but its not random in my case, it occurs on every cold boot. Currently I am not having another working monitor nor a system to test it out by myself but ill surely carry out the test once I get hold of them. Hope that this flickering is not an indication of some severe issue to arise.