Thread: Intel HD Graphics WDDM 1.2 incompatible on Windows 8 RTM

Intel HD Graphics WDDM 1.2 incompatible on Windows 8 RTM

I have recently installed Windows 8 in my PC and I have installed all the drivers in it. For graphics, my PC has Intel HD Graphics WDDM 1.1 installed in it. I am trying to play Minecraft on my computer and it failed to start because the graphic drivers were not compatible. I found that Intel HD Graphics WDDM 1.2 had released and so I tried to upgrade to it for better results, but the upgrading process failed every time. Can someone tell me how to upgrade the Intel HD Graphics WDDM in my PC?

Re: Intel HD Graphics WDDM 1.2 incompatible on Windows 8 RTM

I think that you should first remove every graphic driver in your PC and then install a new version of the graphic drivers. I think that when you upgrade the graphic drivers in your computer, it must not be installing the new drivers completely. Instead it must be replacing the old files with the new ones and keeping the common files in the computer itself. Thus there must have been conflicts resulting in the errors. Also Windows 8 is a new operating system. So telling about the errors that occur in it is difficult.

Re: Intel HD Graphics WDDM 1.2 incompatible on Windows 8 RTM

I think that Intel HD Graphics WDDM 1.2 is not properly compatible with Windows 8. I mean the developers must have taken care to eliminate most of the bugs and problems that occur in it. But testing it for each and every software is impossible. Maybe the combination of Windows 8, Minecraft and Intel HD Graphics WDDM 1.2 is not right. If you are so on playing the Minecraft game, then my suggestion is that you downgrade your system to Windows 7. You can install Windows 8 when you get to know that proper version of Intel HD Graphics WDDM has been released that will support Minecraft.