Thread: How to upgrade v80.04.31 Firmware in EVGA GeForce GTX 670?

How to upgrade v80.04.31 Firmware in EVGA GeForce GTX 670?

I have just brought a new EVGA GeForce GTX 670 graphic card and had it installed it in my computer. Today I read on the website of EVGA that they have released a new firmware for this graphic card. Since this graphic cad is new, is it fine to update the firmware. Also can someone tell me what the new firmware consists of? Also it would be great if someone told me how to update the firmware, is it a complex process or a simple ones?

Re: How to upgrade v80.04.31 Firmware in EVGA GeForce GTX 670?

The new firmware that is now available for the EVGA GeForce GTX 670 graphic card will add to the stability of this graphic card. In other words, the stability of this graphic card has been greatly improved. Also this new firmware will improve or maybe add some other motherboards to the compatibility list. If your graphic cad is working fine, then you don’t need to update the firmware of your graphic card right now. But as this firmware is out, might be some software will need this firmware on the graphic card to operate properly. There is a rare chance of such thing ever happening, but just for satisfying your curiosity, you can do it.

The updating process for the firmware is easy and you can do it by yourself for your EVGA GeForce GTX 670. First you need to get the file for the required updated version of firmware from the website of EVGA. Just watch out which version you are downloading as a single graphic card will itself have more than one versions, overclocked, region wise different version and so on. Most probably the required file will be available in .zip format and you will need to extract it on your computer. Now make sure that there is no other software running on your computer and terminate each and every of them. Click on the update.exe file and it will prompt you to press ‘Y’ to update, press ‘Y’. The updating process will start so don’t reset or turn off the PC. After the firmware is complete, restart the PC.

Since your graphic card is new, I don’t recommend you to update the firmware. Any new software or game or whatever that needs the graphic card will run on the current firmware properly. Firmware update is needed when the graphic card is facing some problem or it starts getting incompatible with new hardware or so on. Such problems don’t occur on any new graphic card. Maybe you can update the firmware after a year or so. But for now, this update is not necessary for EVGA GeForce GTX 670.