Thread: Download BIOS for Zotac GTX 580 Infinity edition and Amp model

Download BIOS for Zotac GTX 580 Infinity edition and Amp model

I have a Zotac GTX 580 Infinity edition graphic card in my computer. Recently I saw that Zotac had released a new version of BIOS for the graphic card and downloaded it. I have not flashed it still and will do it in next few days. But before I flash the graphic card with new BIOS, can anyone tell me if they have tried it or not. Also I would like to know if it is worth upgrading the BIOS or not?

Re: Download BIOS for Zotac GTX 580 Infinity edition and Amp model

I have upgraded the BIOS of my Zotac GTX 580 AMP model and let me tell you that it doesn’t make much difference if you don’t upgrade the graphic card with the new BIOS. Also let me tell you that this BIOS upgrade won’t give same result with every computer. Me and my three other friends upgraded the BIOS and let me tell you that the results varied in all three computers. It made no difference in my computer, while in one of my friend’s computer the performance might have improved little bit. The two other friends got the worst results. The graphic card would take time to load graphics and underperformance was noted.

I needed to overclock the graphic card and then I saw this new BIOS upgrade. It claimed to have better options for voltage control which is very necessary for overclocking the graphic card. Thinking that I had hit perfect tool for overclocking, I flashed the graphic card with this new BIOS. The results were bad, I mean literally bad. The voltage control thing was totally screwed up without any proper option to get things right. Trying to increase the voltage increases so high that you will the voltage too high at one point I thought that he graphic card would just fry away.

Actually, the BIOS upgrade for Zotac GTX 580 has the default voltage set so high that just installing it will raise the voltage to a higher limit. If you try to reduce the voltage down, then it goes so down that graphic card starts underperforming. I’d say that if you are so keen in upgrading to these BIOS for your graphic card, you better have good amount of cooling devices ready at moment. It would be much better if you use a liquid cooling system to keep the temperature of the graphic card under control. It may sound weird, but it is true.

One thing I can say about the new BIOS upgrade for Zotac GTX 580 is that if you get the upgrade flashed right in your graphic card and then you would be able to resolve the problems that might occur out of it. The performance of Zotac GTX 580 will be upgraded to such a level that you will surely be satisfied. I have adjusted the voltage of the graphic card to make it run properly as well not to overheat. Now I can play games like Just Cause 2 on ultra high settings without any lags or freezes. Before this upgrade was installed in my graphic card, I had to play it on high settings with certain options set to medium.