Thread: Zotac GTX 550 Ti Amp edition blue screen crash with nv4_disp error

Zotac GTX 550 Ti Amp edition blue screen crash with nv4_disp error

Since installing Zotac GTX 550 Ti Amp edition I have been facing blue screen crash with nv4_disp error. I am not able to make out what is causing that. I have tried updating its driver but that’s not making any difference. While I was looking after a solution for this, I came across one mentioning that rebooting in safemode and deleting all nv4_disp.dll file will help. I did the same but it dint worked in my case. Is there anything else that I can try out ? Or I should get the card replaced? Any suggestion ?

Re: Zotac GTX 550 Ti Amp edition blue screen crash with nv4_disp error

nv4_disp error is related to video card driver, I just wanted to know if you have made sure that you have installed the latest one for your card? If not then try installing the latest video card driver and see if that’s helping. To find out if there is something wrong with the card, you can try testing it in some other system, if you get the same response there as well then there might be something serious with it and you will have to get it checked or replaced.

Yes I have installed the latest driver for it from its official site, even I think there is something wrong with the card, currently I am not having other working machine to test the card but I will surely try it in a day or two in my friend system. I don’t have any issue in getting the card checked but I have kept that as my last option and will like to know if there is anything else that I can try out rather than that. I also wanted to add that I am not overclocking the system and I don’t find the card getting overheated as well. Please let me know if there is any solution that I can try out further.

You can try following the below workaround:
    • First download latest video card driver's > save it to Desktop > Right click on my computer icon > click on properties > select hardware tab > click on device manager > Click on plus sign (+) near display adapters > Right click on the drive in the list > click on Uninstall.
    • Now reboot your system > Press F8 repeatedly before the windows gets loaded > Select safe mode with command prompt > Select administrator > Close CMD window > Press Control+Alt+Delete > Click on new task > Type “explorer.exe” without the quotes and hit enter.
    • Once you are done until here click on Start > Start > Type “nvidia” without the quotes and delete everything that you find related to it. After that open search box again type “nv4_disp” without the quotes and delete everything that you find related to it.

After that reboot your system and install the latest video card drivers that you might have downloaded and reboot your system again.