Thread: Can I play upcoming high end games with ATI 5xxx series graphics card

Can I play upcoming high end games with ATI 5xxx series graphics card

My rig is having Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 Toxic 1GB Video Card and I am able to play almost all the latest games by bow but I doubt if I will be able to other high end games coming this year. I never had any issue with the card but I just wanted to clarify from you guys if I will be able to play upcoming games with 5xxx series graphics card or I will have to update the card? Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: Can I play upcoming high end games with ATI 5xxx series graphics card

I think yes but I cannot guarantee it, I mean upcoming high games come up with different system requirement and there are possibilities that you won’t be able to play all of the upcoming games.

I will suggest you to better wait and find it out yourself, it seems you are fond of gaming and might be trying out the latest games, So the day you feel that you are not able to play the games you like then you can very well update your graphic card then.

Even I was going to suggest you the same, as far as I am aware Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 Toxic is a good card and can handle the latest games that has been released. The right time for updating the card will be when you won’t be able to play your desired game at desired setting. I really don’t think it will worth updating the card before you find a need for it. If you don’t mind spending on your system and keeping it prepared for the upcoming latest games for a year and two then you can get a high end gaming card and relax for a year and two. Just to share I am running 2 x Radeon HD 5850 and I don’t think that I there will be a need for updating the card for the upcoming games sooner. I have been using them for almost two years and I think that I can continue them for 2 more years.

I completely agree on that point even I am running 2 x Radeon HD 5850 in sli, actually some months ago I had decided to upgrade the system. I was willing to get 7970 but I wasn’t sure if that was a good choice. So I had opened threads regarding the same in some forums and surprisingly I found most of the people suggesting me to get another Radeon HD 5850 and run both of them in sli rather than getting 7970. I did the same and I am just not having any regrets now I am getting better performance with the latest games and I can make that out easily. So if you make your mind for updating the card this year then get another Radeon HD 5850, they are quite cheap and are worth as well compared to other high end gaming cards.

I haven’t tried out 2 x Radeon HD 5850 in sli and I am still using single HD 5850 Toxic 1GB Video Card. I really feel that it is doing well and I can continue it for one more year. I will surely consider another Radeon HD 5850 the day I’ll feel that there is a need for upgrading the system. Currently I have tried playing most of the latest games and have played them on very high settings with good FPS, my 5850 has never let me down by now and I can trust it to handle the upcoming game for this year without any doubt.

I think you might be lucky here, even I am having a Radeon HD 5850 1GB but I am not able to play all the latest game and I am finding a need to upgrade the card. Below are the issues that I am facing with the respected games:
    • Battlefield 3 – Less VRAM & poor processing power
    • TERA online - no profile
    • Crysis 2 - Less VRAM & poor processing power

I have planned to get a 7970 as I don’t want to face noise issue by running 2 x Radeon HD 5850 in sli. I have gone through the review of 7970 and most of the people have mentioned that is one of the fastest card and can overcome the performance of 2 x Radeon HD 5850 easily.