Thread: S-bar utility crashes while adjusting brightness on MSI GX780

S-bar utility crashes while adjusting brightness on MSI GX780

I am facing a weird issue from some days, my system is having a MSI GX780 video card and I was not having any issues with it by now. I don’t know what went wrong with S-bar utility and now while adjusting brightness it crashes. Rebooting the system had fixed the issue a couple of times but the same does not work now. Is there anything that I can try out to fix this issue??

Re: S-bar utility crashes while adjusting brightness on MSI GX780

Do you remember the recent changes you have made in your system, I mean have you installed some software recently? If yes then try un-installing the same and see if the issue is getting solved. I am not sure but I think that there is some kind of interference going on between S-bar utility and other utility. If you don’t think that there might be any issue like that than you can simply try uninstalling and reinstalling S-bar utility and see if you are getting any luck with it. Other than this you can try installing recommended windows update and check out if it is making any difference in your case.

I don’t remember the software’s that I have installed recently, I will track them out and will uninstall the same if possible. For now I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling S-bar utility a couple of times but that’s not appearing to be helping. It still crashes when I try to adjust the brightness, I have tried using FN key as well but no avail, it is responding in the same way. I am not able to track out the cause of the issue, as far as I can guess it all started after installing some windows update.

Hey I have checked about the same and I have come across some who had faced the same issue previously. Most of them have mentioned that this issue is because of .NET Framework. Reinstalling .NET Framework and S-bar utility had helped them out, where as some had mentioned that just running S-bar application as administrator worked out for them. I am not sure if you might be having any of the above case but I think that you should give it a try. Just give it a try and let me know if that helps.

Thanks to you both for your help, the issue has been solved but I don’t know which solution have actually helped me out. First I uninstalled some software’s that I had installed recently which included teamviewer and vlc. Just after that I uninstalled .NET Framework and S-bar utility and reinstalled them both.

I guess something had went wrong with .NET Framework after installing windows update. Currently I have installed teamviewer and vlc again and I am not facing the same issue.