Thread: SAMSUNG UE40EH6030 settings tips

SAMSUNG UE40EH6030 settings tips

I purchased an SAMSUNG UE40EH6030 and it came to my home yesterday. I loved the quality of the picture in this LCD TV and watching movies in this television is more fun. I know that this television has features for watching in 3D has many settings option. Every of this setting might come useful in one way or other to enhance the quality of the picture that is seen on the television. For example, a setting for watching sports, another setting for movies and so on. Since the lighting and color scheme of every type of picture is different, variation in settings might bring good changes. So can anyone tell me if there is any way I can change the settings to get better quality picture or better viewing experience for SAMSUNG UE40EH6030?

Re: SAMSUNG UE40EH6030 settings tips

The first thing I’d like to tell you is that various channels and broadcasts can be viewed better in SD or maybe HD. For, example, if any channel is showing a movie in HD, then you should switch to HD mode as the video is designed and meant to be viewed in HD. But similarly, if you try to watch live sports in HD it might cause some delay in transmission. If the broadcast is not in HD and you have set your television’s settings to HD, some time might be spent by SAMSUNG UE40EH6030 to convert normal quality video in HD. So if you are watching football, it might happen that you will see a pass couple of seconds later than the time at which it should have been viewed. So you must properly decide, which channel you want to view in SD and which one in HD.

In SAMSUNG UE40EH6030 if you keep the settings at the default preset, then it might happen that some channels might not seem proper. So try changing between the given preset. I don’t know which region you live in and which channel broadcasts the football there, but where I live, I like to watch football in ‘movie’ mode. So you should keep on experimenting with the video presets which are provided to see which suits the best for the picture that is broadcasted on your television. Also there are options like ‘motion plus’ which has great use. You can try to enable it to remove the unwanted ghosting in the picture or smoothen the color spread if any. Try changing this option if you find its results suitable.

You must also know that SAMSUNG UE40EH6030 has 3D feature available in it. But it is not necessary to view every channel in 3D.It is preferable to view the videos that are specially designed to be viewed in 3D. If you watch a video that is not designed for 3D, then the result might be odd and worse than the original video. Also forcefully converting a normal video into 3D and then viewing it might stress your eyes which are bad for health. Also it has been seen that converting the videos into 3D that actually aren’t meant for it, drastically reduces the framerate. So in other words, you the 3D for the videos that are meant to be viewed in 3D. Watching football in 3D won’t bring the ball close to the screen; instead you will see many disturbance and loss of synchronization in audio and video many times.

If you will be connecting any gaming console to SAMSUNG UE40EH6030, then it is necessary to change the settings from the default. In the default settings, you won’t find the picture quality bad, but the change in settings will enhance the picture quality of the game. So it is recommended to have different settings for every different gaming console. I basically connect my Xbox 360 to my SAMSUNG UE40EH6030. So I change the settings to match the colors of the video generated by the game of Xbox 360. Once I connected my friend’s Wii to it and the settings which I used for Xbox 360 wouldn’t look great for it. So I again needed to change the settings for it. So if you are using more than one gaming console, for example, Xbox 360, Playstation 3 or Wii, then you need to try out different settings to see which f them works best.

For playing games on Xbox 360 on SAMSUNG UE40EH6030, you will need to have dynamic contrast and the black tone off. These settings can be found in the advanced settings of the television. I was once playing Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 on my Xbox 360 on the default settings for the television. During this game, I noticed that the ball was looking blurry. I thought that it must in game feature but when I played another racing game, I found that this problem was present in this game too. Then I realized that every fast moving object which had black color on it would look blurry due to color spreading, especially the black color. Also keep the picture mode to Warm 2 while playing games on Xbox 360 as it gives a good effect. Also the ‘motion plus’ should be kept on off and ‘LED motion plus’ on.

The picture quality of the television should be set by a person based on his personal choice. Maybe some user or friend might advice you to use a certain set of settings. But it might happen that you wouldn’t like them. So it is better that you keep on trying different possibilities. Also the 3D settings are very complicated for SAMSUNG UE40EH6030. You need to change many settings to get proper result. If you are watching a movie which is made in 3D, then it would be easily seen in 3D format. But to convert a normal video into 3D video is very hectic and thus I avoid it. Since the normal video is meant to give one plane depth, you might see double picture once in a while when 3D is activated.