Thread: Is it possible to upgrade video card in eMachine EL1358G-51w?

Is it possible to upgrade video card in eMachine EL1358G-51w?

So anyone have any idea about upgrading the video card of the above mentioned eMachine model i.e. EL1358G-51w. My machine is just a year old and now I am really very much frustrated with the integrated graphic card GeForce 6150 SE installed into the machine. Initially I managed playing games with the existing configuration but now this is it. I can’t tolerate the issues that I am facing while playing my favorite high quality games. I am not all satisfied with the performance I am getting but that doesn’t mean that I will blame the entire eMachine for the problem. Its only the graphic card that is not doing well for me and therefore now I have decided to replace it but then “how” is the question comes into the picture. I don’t have any idea whether it is really possible to do so. Someone here can recommend me anything? Please guys reply only if you are very much sure as I have already harmed my previous system with a card upgrade which cost me a lot later on.

Re: Is it possible to upgrade video card in eMachine EL1358G-51w?

Do not worry my friend, you will definitely be suggested with a right suggestion here. First of all let me tell you that in your eMachine computer system upgrading the graphic card is very much possible. There are people who do upgrade their emachine’s GeForce 6150 SE graphic with a suitable one easily just because your machine has a PCI Express x16 slot which is very good for an upgrading process. But make sure that you do upgrade with the one that is not much beyond the existing Geforce card. I would suggest you to go for a 9800GT card.

No my friend, do not go with nvidia 9800GT. Instead upgrade with whatever card comes in your mind but definitely not 9800GT. It has cost me a lot with my eMachine EL1358G-51w. I have already tried my hands with the card upgrade process and you know what the upgrade operation was performed successfully without any issue but then when I started accessing my computer I found that there were some difficulties and interruptions that disturbed me a lot. I had lots of problem with even starting up the computer. Yes, whenever I used to turn on the system it starts properly but then while loading it automatically used to shut down again. As far as I know the card was perfectly alright, in fact I purchased it only after it was recommended to me by the retailer. There is something in the computer that is to be taken care of while upgrading the card. Better check it out.

Yes, you are completely right. There is certain thing that is to be taken special care while upgrading the graphic. It is nothing but your PSU. It’s the PSU of the system that causes the issue mostly after upgrading the graphic card. Firstly let me tell you that the existing graphic card that is installed into the machine is nowhere meant for the purpose of gaming.

People do get excited by knowing that this model eMachine has a PCIEx16 slot which is very good for a graphic card but they fail to know that on the other hand they do have a PSU of only 220W which on the other hand is very low for having an external and a well performance card. For upgrading a card it is very much recommended to first upgrade the PSU. Recommended Watts is 550W. before upgrading the card upgrade your PSU to 550W.