Thread: New firmware for Evga GTX 580

New firmware for Evga GTX 580

I have a Evga GTX 580 graphic card in my computer. I have been using it for months now. Yesterday I thought of overclocking my graphic card to get enhanced performance from it. For this overclocking the first thing that I was about to do was increase the voltage. When I tried increasing the voltage from the BIOS menu the sliders and the textboxes for the inserting and selecting the values were locked, I mean they were of grey color. I searched internet for possible reason due to which it was being caused. While browsing on internet I found that Evga GTX 580 which I had purchased has the firmware that doesn’t support overclocking. That is the reason why I was getting the voltage sliders disabled. I am not an expert when it comes to hardware, so I don’t know much about the firmwares used in graphic cards. Can anybody tell me which is the latest firmware for Evga GTX 580 which supports overclocking?

Re: New firmware for Evga GTX 580

I don’t think that there will be any firmware with the options for overclocking disabled by default. I think that you must once reset your graphic card and then try overclocking it again, maybe it will help. Since you don’t have much idea about graphic cards as you are saying, resetting a graphic card means, taking it out of the motherboard and again reattaching it. You can even try flashing a different version of BIOS again which will be stable in your system. If you are asking for the latest version of the firmware for Evga GTX 580, then I’ll suggest you to use EVGA GTX 580 Classified Firmware Update 1.1.

After installing EVGA GTX 580 Classified Firmware Update 1.1, an Evga EVBot will start working for the process of overclocking. This EVBot will help the overclocking process to be more stable and also will reduce the time that one will need to do it. Also this EVBot will provide better benchmarking process. This new version of firmware will also have in-built ELEET software which provides options to change the voltages, FSB and other options directly from the Windows without having to enter BIOS or any other menu. Using this software one can achieve a highest level of performance possible from the graphic card. IF internet connection is available on the computer, it will automatically generate screenshots of the values that are being changed at a specific period of time. These screenshots will be uploaded to a URL where you can retrieve it to mark the changes it made.

Re: New firmware for Evga GTX 580

Another reason for your Evga GTX 580 not giving you options for changing the voltages of the graphic card for purpose of overclocking must be because this graphic card must not have options to change the speed of the cooling fan. The obvious reason is that after you overclock, the graphic card will need more voltage to function. This requirement of more voltage will cause the graphic card to generate more heat from itself. Due to the lack of adjustable fan speed, the voltage altering options must have been disabled. During my working experience as a hardware manufacturer, I have repaired many graphic cards. I can tell you that a Fanspeed Unlocker Utility 1.4 is available for graphic cards manufactured by Evga. You will need to find if this utility is compatible with your Evga GTX 580 and then download it. This utility will be found as the part of the firmware for your graphic card. This utility will allow you to change the speed of the fan from around 30% to 100% and will also provide other options that increase the flexibility of its use. Before you update any firmware on your graphic card, see to it that all the drivers are well updated.