Thread: Active mini DisplayPort to dual link DVI-D adapter for MSI Lightning 7970

Active mini DisplayPort to dual link DVI-D adapter for MSI Lightning 7970

I purchased a MSI Lightning 7970 graphic card just four days ago and I have attached it in my computer. The previous graphic card that I used was connected to the monitor using a dual link DVI-D connector. Now that I have a new graphic card, the manufacturers have provided only active mini DisplayPort connector for its connection. Actually I don’t have any problem, but habituated to dual link DVI-D, I think that it would be better if I use it.

Since the MSI Lightning 7970 graphic card has no slot available for dual link DVI-D connector, I’ll need to buy an Active mini DisplayPort to dual link DVI-D adapter to establish a connection between my new graphic card and monitor. I am not well acquainted with the video card adapters. So can anyone provide me with some details about the best active mini DisplayPort to dual link DVI-D adapters that are available in the market which I can use?

Re: Active mini DisplayPort to dual link DVI-D adapter for MSI Lightning 7970

I suggest you to try StarTech Mini DisplayPort-to-DVI Video Adapter Converter MDP2DVI Mini DisplayPort to DVI Interface. It comes at a reasonable price and provides a good DVI/Mini DisplayPort link. This will provide you the required connectors and will save the resources needed to modify or change the graphic card’s Mini DisplayPort output. MDP2DVI is a passive adapter which uses DP++ port (DisplayPort++). With help of this architecture, it can easily pass the DVI and HDMI signals through the assigned ports. It comes with two years of warranty and the manufacturers will provide technical support for whole lifetime. The maximum resolution it can provide is of 1920x1200, which is 1080p.

Another active mini DisplayPort to dual link DVI-D adapter that you can try is HIS Mini DisplayPort to Single Link-DVI Eyefinity Adapter HMDPSDVIEYE Mini DisplayPort to DVI Interface. It also functions similar to StarTech Mini DisplayPort-to-DVI Video Adapter Converter MDP2DVI Mini DisplayPort to DVI Interface. But the only difference between them is that HIS Mini DisplayPort to Single Link-DVI Eyefinity Adapter supports AMD’s Eyefinity Ready technology. The main drawback of HIS Mini DisplayPort to Single Link-DVI Eyefinity Adapter over StarTech Mini DisplayPort-to-DVI Video Adapter Converter is that it provides warranty of only ninety days.

Re: Active mini DisplayPort to dual link DVI-D adapter for MSI Lightning 7970

You will get many active mini DisplayPort to dual link DVI-D adapters in market if you search for. You can’t just compare them with each other. Rather you should see its connectivity and the price. All the adapter does is to convert display signals from one type to another. I know some of these adapters which I can tell you,
    • SAPPHIRE Active Mini Display Port (M) to Single-Link DVI (F) Cable 100925 Mini DisplayPort to DVI Interface
    • Cirago Mini DisplayPort to DVI Single Link Adapter DPN2022 Mini DisplayPort to DVI Interface
    • POWERCOLOR Video Adapter ACTIVE MDP TO SL DVI-D ADAPTER-C Mini DisplayPort to DVI-D Interface
    • GWC Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter AY2100 Mini DisplayPort to DVI Interface
    • ATLONA Mini DisplayPort male to DVI female Adapter for Mac AT13027 Mini DisplayPort to DVI Interface
    • VisionTek Mini DisplayPort to DVI-D Adapter 900341 Mini DisplayPort to DVI Interface
    • BYTECC AP-DPDVI-005 DisplayPort to DVI Cable Adapter
    • Link Depot MD-DVI-0.2 Mini Display port to DVI cable Adapter
    • XFX Active Mini DisplayPort to SL-DVI Adapter Model MA-AP01-ND1K