Thread: PC doesn't come out of S3 sleep after using GTX 680

PC doesn't come out of S3 sleep after using GTX 680

After connecting Evga GeForce GTX 680 graphic card with my computer it has started giving me problems. Whenever I try to wake my computer from S3 sleep mode at that time system gets restarted. I don’t know what is wrong with it but that does not make any difference. I have opened BIOS setting in my computer and after going in to the BIOS setting I have turned off the S3 sleep mode option from there and then saved that setting. Now after that when I restart my computer at that time I was not having any issues with normal sleep mode. Now I have enabled S3 sleep mode setting from BIOS again but that does not make any difference. Before connecting the Evga GeForce GTX 680 graphic card with my computer I was not experiencing this problem. I have also tried to solve this problem by disconnecting Evga GeForce GTX 680 graphic card from my computer and connecting it with another PCI-e slot but that does not make any difference.

Re: PC doesn't come out of S3 sleep after using GTX 680

This problem normally occurs if "Internal PLL Overvoltage" option is enabled in the BIOS setting. you should restart your computer and then go to the BIOS setting. in the BIOS setting you have to look for the Internal PLL Overvoltage option and if it is enabled then you have to disable it. After disabling the "Internal PLL Overvoltage" option from BIOS you have to save that setting and then restart your computer. Now you have to check whether you are getting same problem while waking your computer or not? In my case “Internal PLL Overvoltage" option was enabled under Ai Tweaker menu in BIOS setting and when I disable it from that time my problem get solved. If you get same problem even after trying this solution then I will suggest you to visit official site of your motherboard manufacturer and then check new BIOS version is available for your motherboard or not? if there is new version of BIOS is available then you should update it and then see whether it makes any difference or not?

In my computer I have Asus P8Z68-V PRO motherboard and after connecting graphic card with my computer. After connecting graphic card I was facing some issues and while searching solution internet I come to know that I need to update BIOS and that is why I have updated the BIOS and then my problem get solved but my system has started giving me another problem with S3 sleep mode. Then I have emailed my problem to Asus and they have told me to disable "Internal PLL Overvoltage" option from BIOS and I have tried that solution and then my problem get solved. you can also try this solution.

After referring above solution I have disabled “Internal PLL Overvoltage" option from BIOS and saved that setting. Now whenever I try to wake my computer at that time it does not reboot but the problem is I am only able to wake my computer with the help mouse. When I try to wake my computer by pressing any keyboard button at that time nothing happens. I have unplugged keyboard from my computer and then connected it with different USB port but that does not make any difference. I have also connected different keyboard with my computer but result was some. Is there any setting which is wrong or something else is causing this problem?

You should try these steps to solve this problem. Open start menu and then right click on the computer. After doing right click on computer you have to select properties. Now click on device manger option from left pane, then expand keyboards option and then you need to right click on your keyboard device and select properties. From properties you have to click on tab called power management tab and then see whether Allow this device to wake computer is selected or not? if it is not selected then you should select that option and then click on Ok button. Now you will be able to wake your computer with the help of keyboard also. If you face same problem after enabling the “Allow this device to wake computer” option also then let me know,