Thread: can I watch movie by usb drive in Xfinity Cable box?

can I watch movie by usb drive in Xfinity Cable box?

I have xfinity cable box at my home. The xfinity cable box is cool and convenient way to watch movie and favorite shows in TV. It also has supports for high definition movies. It also provides game facility in TV. It is nice cable box and I love it. It has USB port on front side. So, my Question is that can I use pen drive or external drive to watch movies In TV through xfinity cable box? Anyone used usb port for pen drive to watch movie then please tell me.

Re: can I watch movie by usb drive in Xfinity Cable box?

I have xfinity cable box which I got from my cable company. It is working nice and giving superb performance. Even my cable is working better than before. Cable operator provide to customer because it increase signal strength for best resolution in large size TV. It has usb port which supports pen drive and external hard disk drive. So, you can connect pen drive in xfinity cable box to watch movie and video but make sure movie and video are in supported file format. The supported file for movie and video are xdiv, avi, mp4, mpeg for xfinity cable box. You also play music via usb drive in your TV. Some format are not supported in this box so you can convert it to play those movies.

I recently got an xfinity cable box from my cable service provider. I got for free of cost. They told me that it increase cable clarity and number of channel. It has Usb connection in front side so I connect my pen drive with it to play movie. It is working fine and I enjoying my favorite movies whenever I want to watch. I also have external hard drive but it is not detected when I connect with xfinity box but same hard drive is working in laptop. I don’t understand is it problem with my cable box or external hard drive? Please help somebody.

I also have xfinity cable box. It is working nice with my TV. I was got it from my cable operator to supports high resolution and HD quality in my TV. External drive and pen drive also supports in xfinity cable box. My external drive is always connected with it. I know your problem why your box is not supports your external drive. Cable box and external drive Both are working fine but problem is with file format. Means if your external drive is formatted with NTFS file format then it is not detecting by xfinity box but detect by computer. Computer supports NTFS file format but xfinity box can not. So, format your drive to FAT or FAT32 partition file format through computer and it is working to Xfinity as well as computer.