Thread: External Hard Drive Supports in Samsung Plasma TV 550 series?

External Hard Drive Supports in Samsung Plasma TV 550 series?

I have Samsung plasma TV 550 Series which I brought before a few days. Samsung is provide nice clarity and Supports multiple file formats. It also has Usb facility to attach pen drive. I am always watch movies when I got a free time. I want to know external hard drive of large size is supports in plasma TV. Because pen drive has very low space so, every time when I want to copy a new movie to my pen drive at that time need to delete some old movie from it. I cannot store large number of movies in pen drive. So I thought to buy a 500Gb of external drive but I am little bit confuse it maybe supports or not in Samsung plasma TV?

Re: External Hard Drive Supports in Samsung Plasma TV 550 series?

I have Samsung plasma 32” LCD TV. I am getting problem with it when I try to connect external hard drive. I am also tried to connect pen drive with it but it working fine. When I connect the hard drive sometimes it is connected and sometimes not. If it is connected than automatically removed after sometimes like sometime after 15min, after 1 hour. I don’t understand the problem is with my external drive or with my TV. My both product is in the warranty but I don’t know which one I send for claim?

hard drive detecting and after sometimes further not detecting is the problem with hard drive not with your Samsung plasma TV.Because Once a time I also got this problem when try to connect 120GB external hard drive with my LG plasma TV. So, I call engineer to check my system from LG Company. Engineer comes at my place check after checking plasma he told me there is problem along with hard drive not with plasma. And give me some solutions also like Use different usb code, change case of hard drive, etc. So, check your hard drive with another system or vice versa. And got problem with HDD and it is out of warranty then do above solution. Maybe it will help you.

Samsung is bests brand in Televisions and mobile phone. Samsung have superb HD vision for TV. I am also using Samsung plasma at my home and office too. It also supports pen drives and external hard drive. I have Seagate 1TB hard drive which fully loaded with movies and videos and always attached with my Plasma. So, there is no need to delete older movies when you want to updates new movies in your hard drive. Make collection of movies in one hard drive. But make sure all movies are in supported file formats like mp4, avi, mpeg-4, etc and if not than convert it to supported formats by using converter.

I have Samsung plasma TV which I brought last month. I also have external hard drive but when I connect it with my plasma then it is not working. So I checked it with my laptop it is working fine all movies are there. I thought it is because of lack of knowledge in how to connect hard drive with plasma or maybe need to do any other setting in plasma but my friend is also tried and he has good knowledge but he also not fix problem. So anyone know external hard drive is supported in Samsung plasma and if yes than why not in my TV?

I also suffer with this problem when I got try to attach my 2TB of Western digit external hard drive with Samsung plasma TV but when I attach it with computer it is not working. So I thought Samsung was not supports external hard drive but when I talk to my cousin about this problem. he told me that now days most of TV who have USB ports will supports external Hard drive. so we make search on Google about my problem and I got solution. The solution is format your hard drive with FAT or FAT32 format because external drive is sometime formatted in NTFS format which supports in computer but not in TV. So, I format external hard drive with FAT32 format through PC and Now it is working with my plasma. So you may also try this solution may be you have same problem.