Thread: External HDD supports in Sony Bravia to watch Movie?

External HDD supports in Sony Bravia to watch Movie?

I recently brought Sony Bravia LED TV. Sony provides nice picture quality and have HD Quality support. It have Usb Drive In the back side of my sony bravia tv. I am used it many times to watch a movie which is store in my Pen Drive. I want to now can my TV supports external drive so I no need to delete older movies to watch new one. If it supports external drive so I buy new 1TB external Drive to store movies and video song. Let me know if anyone knowledge about this?

Re: External HDD supports in Sony Bravia to watch Movie?

I also have Sony Bravia Lcd Tv. I have Seaget 320 GB external hard drive and I use only for movies which Is always connected to my bravia TV. Sony supports external drive but make sure movies are in mpeg, Dvix, avi formats only. Otherwise those are not shown in TV. It is working fine and I really enjoy it. no need to delete older movies when you want to paste new movies in driveby using large size of external hard drive. I have 320gb now but it is not much sufficient for me. So, if you are buying new one than go for 1Tb or TB as per your requirement and budget.

I have sony bravia 42” Led TV. It is working fine and having great experience with sony. i have 2 TB of external hard drive. My problem is that my external hard is not connected to my TV. I thought my hard drive is having any problem. So, I connect it with my laptop to check but it working fine. Pen drive is working with TV but when I connect hard drive it is not detected. i don’t understand what the problem is there ? Anyone know what problem is having along with my Hard drive or with my sony bravia TV?

Once a time I am also have this problem when I try to connect my Seagate 500GB hard drive to my sony bravia. When I connect it with TV power indicator is coming but drive is not detected. Same external drive is connected to my PC and working fine. I got another external hard drive and try to attach with TV and it is connected and working fine. So I am confused why one external is not working and one is working. After many troubleshooting, I got problem which is one hard drive is formatted with NTFS file format and other is FAT32. Bravia or any other TV brand supports FAT or FAT32 file format only. So, I connect my hard drive with PC and format with FAT32 File Format after back up the data. Now both external hard drives are working superb and I enjoying lots of movies.