Thread: Drivers for Nvidia GT330M in Dell Vostro 3700

Drivers for Nvidia GT330M in Dell Vostro 3700

I have bought a new Dell Vostro 3700 laptop and I really love it, especially its functionality and speed. I am majorly concerned about gaming so therefore looking out for the drivers for the graphic card that is installed in the system. If you are not aware then let me tell you that I have a GT330M and Intel HD graphics installed in my laptop and both with version 8.16.11.8999. Now the thing is that I am very much unsure about what drivers should I go for the graphic card I am owning. It would be really helpful if you all let me know the drivers that could help me out to run the system and other graphics related things and also if possible just let me know the proper location for those driver, I mean the site or link from where I can download the driver. All in all I need a complete guidance for getting the drivers for GT330M. Kindly waiting for the best one possible, any suggestion will be warmly welcome and appreciated.

re: Drivers for Nvidia GT330M in Dell Vostro 3700

I have a Dell Vostro 3500 which have Nvidia 310M GS Hybrid installed in it. Now the worst thing is that not all the drives work in my system whichever is fetch from the Dell’s official site. i believed that Dell site would be the best place for me to get the driver for my system as the system itself belongs to the same brand but I was certainly wrong. After I downloaded the entire driver from there found that almost all of them were not working at all. Even now I am at the same position of your looking out for a driver that would work properly but until yet didn’t find any. The initial driver that I had, use to sometime work, sometimes crash and not being consistent all the time. After they use to crash, I always noticed that Nvidia use to disappear from the Hardware manager window from my system. Even I searched for the solution of this problem in net visiting number of forums but ended up with no result or solution found for the same. Found that not just me but there were other people too facing the same problem posting the same thing on some of the other forum site. Hope this would be the last forum for me to visit, expecting a proper solution for this issue.

I can help you out the best way possible but for that I need some more specific information and details of your system related to the driver updates. It would be really helpful you just let me know OS that is installed in your machine. Don’t just name the OS but also provide the bit details like windows 7 32bit or 64bit. Also along with the OS also let me the drivers that you have already tried to download in your system if any.

Anyways for the above friend I do have a possible solution for you. First of all always remember that if you system belongs to some brand it doesn’t mean that you will also have to get the drivers or other hardware related things from the same place itself. If you want to get a driver first check out the graphic card installed in your machine and then visit the site of the card brand. Hope fully you will get a proper downloads from there. You can go for Verde Notebook Release 265. You can get version 266.58 or any nearby version. This driver is very much compatible with Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows 7 64-bit. i am very much sure that this driver would be compatible and supported with the Nvidia notebook GPUs. as your own laptop has a Nvidia GPU, you can simply go for this driver update but make sure that your machine’s OEM i.e. Original Equipment Manufacturer somehow provides your machine a certified drivers on their website. It has been recommended by Nvidia itself to cross check with your laptop’s OEM for the updates that are recommended for the machine. There are possibilities that OEM may not provide any help or tech support if ever any issues with respect to the drivers that has been installed it your machine.

I have tried downloading the driver which you have mentioned and suggested but it somehow came up with an error. I do have a Dell Vostro 3700 with windows 7 64 bit running into it, processor is Core i5 560m, 4GB Ram and graphic driver is GT330M and intel HD (hybrid).

When I downloaded the 266.58 drivers as already mentioned above I ended up with an error saying that I need to first install the intel drivers. Now the problem is that as per the error message suggested I tried updating the intel drivers but unfortunately failed in doing so. I would really need to search for the driver sets for my machine in order to sort out the screen problem currently going on my system. Just let me know is there anything else that I need to do before I proceed with the driver update that you have suggested to me or else I am committing some mistake while installing the driver.

I too had the same problem with the nvidia driver installation but always failed to do so due to some problem on my Dell Vostro 3700. Later on after doing lot of research I came up with a solution, I was somehow able to bluff and trick the latest Nvidia Beta installer, now I am its completely possible for me to play Rage without facing any kind of issue. Initially I was unable to play this game due to its bad graphic appearance but now its completely possible for me to play it with high resolution although I still have certain issues with the audio of the game during the time I play it but that can be neglected.

If even you need to get your system work with the driver you are installing better you follow the instruction that I am stating below properly and then let me know the result. I must say one thing, there is no assurance that this solution might work for your or not. So follow it on your own risk:
    • First of all you need to download the latest Nvidia Beta drivers as I already mentioned above. The Beta driver which I got was 285.38-notebook-win7-winvista-32bit-international-beta and after that extract them from the installer with the help of WinRar
    • After downloading you need to open the "Display.Driver" folder and then check out for .inf files with a text editor. I personally preferred notepad++ just for the convenience of searching the inside multiple files and also have line numbers
    • Now you might notice that all the 330M drivers are listed in ListDevices.txt but the part I noticed was "DEV_0A29&SUBSYS_04421028". There were numerous ones with the "DEV_0A29" being the 330M card and also "SUBSYS_04421028" which seems to be corresponding to the version card probably
    • However now you need to check out the device manager and then open the driver properties for the Nvidia display adapter. Now in Details Tab > under the "Hardware Ids" drop-down you would find the following code: "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A29&SUBSYS_044F1028& REV_A2". In my case I didn’t find my specific version driver listed after searching for all Nvidia driver .Inf files, so therefore I simply edited the thing by myself.
    • There are two files that you need to edit, ListDevices.txt and nvdm.inf, in ListDevices.txt you need to add DEV_0A29&SUBSYS_044F1028 "NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M" at the top of the list. Now the line that I have mentioned is nothing but my graphic card’s information, you need to add up your in place of what I have written
    • And now in the nvdm.inf you need to again add the following line at the top of the list: %NVIDIA_DEV.0A29.01% = Section031, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A29&SUBSYS_044F1028. Even this text is my card’s information. You will easily find in the file if you search so no need to worry
    • Once you are done with that you need to save those changes that you have made and then run the setup executable, do a clean install. Now it would install the drivers automatically with some few manual works and then reboot the machine, after that the drivers might be detected and again reboot the machine. You might find the default driver installed in it, do not panic in my case also it happened the same. Simply go to Device manager and then "Update driver" and "Browse my computer" and then "pick from a list", now you might be getting the drivers showed in few of the options. Just select those drivers and then reboot your machine again. I now have a Nvidia driver with the Nvidia control panel.

I do agree with Nvidia Verde driver 266.58 would be the best suggestion for the graphic card you are having. But there are certain things that you need to know before you go for downloading any driver:
    • First of all make sure that your machine has the GPU that would fully support the driver that you will be downloading. For this you can simply check out the supported products for this driver on web.
    • Not recommended but would be better if you plan to back up current system configuration. If you require the System Restore and driver rollback instruction you can CLICK HERE.
    • Also regarding the solution that my friend have posted above is no doubt the best one. I have already tried it and it works great without showing any other alternate issue. it worked for me in my vostro 3700 with the newest driver from nvidia. The only thing I would like to strictly suggest to all those who are planning to go for this trick, follow it only if you have a 310M or something similar. Also make sure that you change the software ID from the above instruction that have mentioned above. It has already told to you in all the steps to edit those texts with your card details and information.